Can I get a little support in another area?

Options
Trying to end this relationship with a guy that is SOOO $%&@$@ mean to me! I know this is better because I've never been treated like this is my life, but it still hurts! I don't want to slip into a night of drinking tonight to take my mind off it or eating tons of pizza all day!

Anyone else wanting to discuss spouse issues?

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    You deserve someone who is going to treat you like you're the most important person in the world. Good for you for realizing that you need to break up with a guy who treats you like junk. Nothing gives him the right to be mean to you. You're going to be WAY better off without him. Stay strong!
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You deserve someone who is going to treat you like you're the most important person in the world. Good for you for realizing that you need to break up with a guy who treats you like junk. Nothing gives him the right to be mean to you. You're going to be WAY better off without him. Stay strong!

Thaaaannkkk you that's all I needed! :) He's seriously just making me feel like I'm crazy and worthless!
  • redcurlygirl
    Options
    I can tell you from experience that while the alcohol and pizza might seem like a good idea at the moment, it's a temporary patch. The pizza isn't going to make him stop being mean, and the alcohol won't really make you forget. Do something that makes you feel good about yourself, no matter what it is. Fill yourself with joy, wherever you can find it. Trying to fill that empty space with empty calories will just make you feel...well, empty. To do the right thing is usually pretty hard, but the knowledge and strength gained are well worth it. Chin up my dear :)
  • mom2sbbj
    mom2sbbj Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Trying to end this relationship with a guy that is SOOO $%&@$@ mean to me! I know this is better because I've never been treated like this is my life, but it still hurts! I don't want to slip into a night of drinking tonight to take my mind off it or eating tons of pizza all day!

Exactly what she said. You KNOW you deserve better and you're not going to find him until you end it with this guy. So go run off the frustration and think of each step as being one step farther from him and closer to the happiness you deserve. ((hugs))
  • Floricienta
    Floricienta Posts: 209
    Options
    Getting out of an unhappy unhealthy relationship is the best thing you can do for yourself. Please don't wait any longer to move on, don't think things will change because they most likely will not. I was in a bad relationship once and kept hoping that things would get better, sometimes they would for a short period of time but they would eventually get bad again and even worse. Ending it was the best thing I ever did for myself, I decided I was going to stop being miserable, decided that enough was enough so walked away and moved on. I stayed single for a long time and truly enjoyed it, I felt relieves, in peace and just serene. I believe I needed time to heal and be on my own. Then I met someone who was really worth my time and treated me like I deserve to be treated, so I gave him a chance and I'm really happy now. :smile:
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It is time to shed that extra weight (meaning the man). To keep from the alcohol and pizza do a really good workout. One big change I made this year was my mind set. I spend a lot of time stressed out and instead of reaching for food, alcohol or anything else unhealthy I go to the gym or a really good workout at home instead. It will take a while for this to become a routine but once it does whenever you are stressed or upset you will work it off instead of eat/drink. It is as healthy for your mind as it is body.

My personal trainer actually use to get on my case all the time cause I was working out 7 days a week but after I explained to him why I do it he understood. He still didn't like it but he understood why I did it. My doctors support it 100%.
  • teamnevergoingback
    Options
    I can tell you from experience that while the alcohol and pizza might seem like a good idea at the moment, it's a temporary patch. The pizza isn't going to make him stop being mean, and the alcohol won't really make you forget. Do something that makes you feel good about yourself, no matter what it is. Fill yourself with joy, wherever you can find it. Trying to fill that empty space with empty calories will just make you feel...well, empty. To do the right thing is usually pretty hard, but the knowledge and strength gained are well worth it. Chin up my dear :)

Exactly!! Empty calories, no good. That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I'm going to become a hot babe and tell him screw you!!! lol
  • teamnevergoingback
    Options

Exactly what she said. You KNOW you deserve better and you're not going to find him until you end it with this guy. So go run off the frustration and think of each step as being one step farther from him and closer to the happiness you deserve. ((hugs))

I'm going to imagine beating his a** while I run on the tredmill today lol.
  • teamnevergoingback
    Options
    Getting out of an unhappy unhealthy relationship is the best thing you can do for yourself. Please don't wait any longer to move on, don't think things will change because they most likely will not. I was in a bad relationship once and kept hoping that things would get better, sometimes they would for a short period of time but they would eventually get bad again and even worse. Ending it was the best thing I ever did for myself, I decided I was going to stop being miserable, decided that enough was enough so walked away and moved on. I stayed single for a long time and truly enjoyed it, I felt relieves, in peace and just serene. I believe I needed time to heal and be on my own. Then I met someone who was really worth my time and treated me like I deserve to be treated, so I gave him a chance and I'm really happy now. :smile:

Well I can't WAIT for that great relationship! :)

I'm going to block his phone number RIGHT NOW!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I learned I would rather be single forever than be in an unhappy relationship. I want what I want from a man, and if I can't have that, I'd rather go take a bubble bath with a glass of wine.
  • teamnevergoingback
    Options
    It is time to shed that extra weight (meaning the man). To keep from the alcohol and pizza do a really good workout. One big change I made this year was my mind set. I spend a lot of time stressed out and instead of reaching for food, alcohol or anything else unhealthy I go to the gym or a really good workout at home instead. It will take a while for this to become a routine but once it does whenever you are stressed or upset you will work it off instead of eat/drink. It is as healthy for your mind as it is body.

My personal trainer actually use to get on my case all the time cause I was working out 7 days a week but after I explained to him why I do it he understood. He still didn't like it but he understood why I did it. My doctors support it 100%.

It's good to start thinking I'm not the crazy one and it's not all my fault. Now that I'm getting the support from you guys, I can look at this relationship from a normal viewpoint instead of an upset one and I can't believe I stayed. I honestly should have cut this off 1 month in, but instead stayed for 7 months too long because on paper, he's the best one I've ever dated.

I'm going to run my heart out tonight :)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Exactly!! Empty calories, no good. That's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I'm going to become a hot babe and tell him screw you!!! lol
    Do it, girl! That's what I'm doing. I've lost 62 pounds since I broke up with my ex. I know he's not going to find anyone else to put up with his crap, and finally gettin' my sexy on is just a bonus to make sure he knows he's missing out. I've got an amazing boyfriend now who treats me well and supports me. You'll find that good guy and you'll wonder why you waited this long. Life gets so much better when we finally realize we're worth more than a bad boyfriend.
  • teamnevergoingback
    Options
    I learned I would rather be single forever than be in an unhappy relationship. I want what I want from a man, and if I can't have that, I'd rather go take a bubble bath with a glass of wine.

That sounds amazing right now lol.
  • teamnevergoingback
    Options
    Trays
    Do it, girl! That's what I'm doing. I've lost 62 pounds since I broke up with my ex. I know he's not going to find anyone else to put up with his crap, and finally gettin' my sexy on is just a bonus to make sure he knows he's missing out. I've got an amazing boyfriend now who treats me well and supports me. You'll find that good guy and you'll wonder why you waited this long. Life gets so much better when we finally realize we're worth more than a bad boyfriend.

That's so awesome! I really can't wait haha! I blocked his number and packed my lunch box for work today . Love your story.