21 day fix

Options
I've tried it before and I saw great results. Has anybody else tried it? I had a baby last month so tomorrow I go to the dr and hopefully she will clear me to workout again. I plan on doing the 21 day fix again. Does anybody use this and the 21 day fix?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I hear the workouts are great. The super extensive Tupperware not so much. You'll get better results using a food scale and accurate logging.

The baby is adorable! Congrats mama!
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use the workouts, not the shakes or the Tupperware. Other than Autumn's lies that she can give you the body you always wanted in just three weeks, the workouts themselves are good. I've been at this for about 9 months now, eating well ( I'm eating at maintenance now) and working out. I still don't have "the body I've always wanted." But it's definitely healthier and in better shape. Plus my pants fit. ;)
  • eclecticmommy
    eclecticmommy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've tried it before and I saw great results. Has anybody else tried it? I had a baby last month so tomorrow I go to the dr and hopefully she will clear me to workout again. I plan on doing the 21 day fix again. Does anybody use this and the 21 day fix?

I haven't tried it myself, but if you're nursing, make sure you're taking in enough calories or you'll lose your milk. Also, exercising releases lactic acid into the bloodstream and into mother's milk. If your baby seems a little discontent with you (nursing wise) after you've exercised, it could be that your milk has a bitter taste. Good luck!
  • ssenko2017
    ssenko2017 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I subscribe to BB on demand. Currently 4 weeks into Hammer & Chisel. But the colored-container thing is strange to me. I am seeing plenty of results just by logging everything I eat and no junk food
  • seneedha
    seneedha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 1 today! I have a 3 month old and looking to lose what's rest of this baby weight. Plus I just need to form healthier habits and do better with a program.
  • bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I watched the infomercial and was basically like, it's more or less a portion control/ calorie counting plan. So yea, it will work.
    If you google it, you can get all the info on calories and sizes of the colored Tupperware for free. and you can youtube a ton of workouts.
    Overall, I think it's a good plan.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to the group here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103806-21-day-fixers

But the tupperware containers are VERY inflexible. 1 container for fat means you have to keep track of quarter or half containers. Seems silly. Also some users report they were actually under-eating when they compared calories against MFP. If your food choices are lower calorie, you are going to be hungry.
  • jenna762001
    jenna762001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Kristi26 wrote: »
    Other than Autumn's lies that she can give you the body you always wanted in just three weeks, the workouts themselves are good.

I chuckle every time i hear that line in the videos! Yeah, right!
  • jenna762001
    jenna762001 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

I do the workouts. I just started them up again after a super laxy winter hiatus that left me not fitting into my summer shorts. I considered adding in the meal plan this time for a speedy kickstart but decided against it. Everyone is different, but for me it is so restrictive i can already see the downward spiral that will follow. I'm just using a scale and counting calories. We'll see....