Chips are my down fall.....

Options
2»

Replies

• fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Quest protien chips. Several flavors. 21g protein. I like the barbecue flavor dipped in salsa. 130 calories 2g carb
    http://www.questnutrition.com/quest-chips/
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I eat quest nutrition protein chips regularly. Cheddar sour cream and bbq are the best flavors. The others are kinda meh.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I just eat small servings of them.

I eat Wotsits daily, don't know if you can get them abroad. I'm in the UK.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I sub Special k cracker chips for potato chips - a 20gram serving is 80 calories and I can fit that into my budget every single day. They come in all the flavours of chips that I like, especially BBQ and salt and vinegar.
  • Airidies
    Airidies Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions! I'll try to see about making my own, I know I've tried before and they just came out soft but I'll try the microwave like someone suggested. I like the pea/lentil crisp but others don't, I get the big bag when Sam's has it :) .

I have an air popcorn popper but I haven't used in a while. I felt as if I was putting too much butter/salt or cinnamon sugar on the popcorn to make it worth it... Anyone have any good add ins?

I'm pretty New and I have quite a bit of weight to lose. Ive been doing better but i still go over the preset calorie goal. I've cut my sodas down to 1 a day most days and drink water or coffee the rest of the time with an occasional sweet tea.

**New to the site and I lost my post! I now know how to find again lol**
  • melsout7
    melsout7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I discovered Spinach chips from a local IGA store and they were just like a healthier version of corn chips..
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Now I know some people say this is a Midwest thing but I love potato chips with Top the Tator. We have it in our house right now but haven't had any since Thursday.
  • ja20102004
    ja20102004 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Pretzels?
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    avadahm wrote: »
    Could you make your own? Sweet potatoes, apples, etc can be baked into a chip. Making most things at home are usually better than the bought version in nutrition and flavor. You can also control how many are available from the get go.

My pampered chef person sells a microwave chip maker. I'm still yet to get my hands on it.

I have one and its amazing!!
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I've started buying the bulk individually wrapped bags of chips. Those are easy to grab for a snack but rarely go over 150 calories. Popcorn is another good choice, as are homemade sweet potato chips or apple chips. I'll also walk around with small bags of salad (usually the radish/carrot/cabbage/lettuce) and eat that like chips if I'm low on calories.
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    popcorn or bake chips out of vegetables/fruits (potatoes, kale, apples, etc.)
  • calton1
    calton1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bean crisps from Costco. Salty and crispy, only 200 calories for 34 chips. Made with beans and vegetables, got to try them.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I eat the chips. I either weigh out a portion from a family bag or get single serving bags. :)

I haven't cut anything out of my diet that I enjoy. I make room if I have to.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Airidies wrote: »
    So yes I know don't buy them.... but I have a family and they want their chips lol... what I'm looking for are alternative crunchy foods ( other than carrots/celery/apples) to eat. I reach for chips when I want crunchy and I get tired of carrots... so anyone got any healthy alternitives?

Rice cakes with cottage cheese on top is my go to snack. It has good carbs and protein and it's oh so yummy. I also love homemade popcorn but if you want something on the go that you don't have to cook, rice cakes are a great alternative to chips. Those tortilla chips are my downfall as well. Good luck.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    What? Have you not discovered nutritional yeast??? It is the only thing you can put on popcorn to make it utterly delicious--within the bounds of good nutrition that is.
    You can get it in the bulk section of many grocery stores especially if they have a health food section. Don't get brewers yeast, and don't confuse it for brewers yeast. Nutritional yeast is not Brewers yeast. It is nutritional yeast, although you will run across people who absolutely insist that they are eating Brewers yeast.
    Nutritional yeast, when you go to take it out of the bulk container, smells kind of medicin-y and not particularly mouthwatering. But if you spritz your air popped popcorn with a little olive oil spritz, or if you like something like I can't believe it's not butter, and then sprinkle nutritional yeast over it, it is very much like having cheese on it. OMG! No calories, tastes salty without sodium, and packed with vitamin B12. What's not to like?
  • CaitKilla
    CaitKilla Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Two words: Kale chips. The cool ranch flavor tastes so creamy and delicious!!