pool work outs!!

Options
I'm a hip replacement candidate and only form of exercise is in the pool. but I don't swim...I just tread water for 60 min. I really have fun in the water but don't feel like I'm getting my heart rate anywhere. any other pool people out there. looking also for a fitness trackers. waterproof that tracks HR!

Replies

• jirwin323
    jirwin323 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try pool running in the deep end using a floatation belt - google pool running. That will get your heart rate up.
  • Puffwantsthis2
    Puffwantsthis2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been told use the belt but never have...guess I will get the belt on and run. thanks ☺
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Google aqua aerobics or water aerobics on YouTube. There are pool workout DVDs and books too. Amazon has a few: Make the Pool Your Gym, Deep End of the Pool Workouts, WeCoach, etc.
  • Puffwantsthis2
    Options
    any suggestions on a waterproof tracker that has Hr and won't break the bank!
  • cforsyth617
    cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    hi, I'm an injured marathon runner so I pool run 2-3x per week. I usually take a pool running class or do a pyramid workout. 15 mins slow run to warm up 1 min fast 1 min slow 2 mins fast 1 min slow 3 mins fast one min slow anyway you get the idea and then back down and then I do a cool down and some stretching for the last 20 mins. I don't know of a fitness tracker, would love the info when you find one. I use the calorie counter in MFP under water jogging to log my workouts.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hey, are you going to a public swim baths / leisure centre? if so check their activities as most should have aqua aerobics classes at least once a week :)
  • Puffwantsthis2
    Options
    hi, I'm an injured marathon runner so I pool run 2-3x per week. I usually take a pool running class or do a pyramid workout. 15 mins slow run to warm up 1 min fast 1 min slow 2 mins fast 1 min slow 3 mins fast one min slow anyway you get the idea and then back down and then I do a cool down and some stretching for the last 20 mins. I don't know of a fitness tracker, would love the info when you find one. I use the calorie counter in MFP under water jogging to log my workouts.

I also put in MFP and shows calories burned! was really wanting to see my heart rate. will let you know if I find something good and reasonably priced