I can't believe it. I have 2 scales because I can't believe

Options
When I started on MFP back in December 2010, I was certain that my weight-loss journey would take years. I was over 200 pounds, and I was so used to seeing the needle jump to 200+ every time I got on, that this morning I was in total shock when I saw that I'm now in the 170s (I even bought a second scale because I thought the one I had was broken). It feels amazing, and not just because of the numbers. My knees feel great, I have greater control over my appetite, and I'm not afraid of having my picture taken. I'd still like to lose more, but if I never lost another pound I would nonetheless be happy!

In case anyone needs the encouragement, I would just like to say that IT IS POSSIBLE. It's hard and I've had lots of bad days where I went waaaay over my calorie limit, but I've still managed to lose weight in spite of getting off track occasionally.

Sidenote: I use workout tapes like Tae-Bo, and I will run and bike, but the thing that helped me the most is basic walking. Ever since I started walking everywhere (I recently moved to a city where it is possible to go days without driving), my weight has really gone down. It may not seem extreme, but it also can't hurt!

Replies

• alexandradeyl
    alexandradeyl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    good for you, great job!
  • catfreak147
    Options
    Well done it's great to see success stories, x:happy:
  • redcurlygirl
    Options
    Woohoo!! Way to go!!
  • l23hornet
    l23hornet Posts: 15
    Options
    Congrats.
  • april92377
    april92377 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the AWESOME work!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Way to go :)
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome! Way to go!
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I can relate to not believing the scale at times. It is a rare thing to be able to live in a walkable community - congradulations for actually taking advantage of your location! Well done! Love to see all those great pictures you're no longer afraid of having taken!
  • Kee315
    Kee315 Posts: 33
    Options
    That is awesome!!! Great job!!
  • melbaby925
    melbaby925 Posts: 613
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I would have bought 2 scales too...so very happy that there are others out there who are like me :happy:
  • laura_annable
    Options
    Woohoo! Well done so far hun! Keep it up! x
  • mmensah
    mmensah Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Walking is always the way to go.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Great Weight loss! What an awesome motivation!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!