Need motivational friends! Sweating for a wedding!

Options
Hey all!
I'm not new to the MFP app, but new to the community!
After steadily gaining 40+ pounds in 3 years, I'm ready to commit. What's even more motivating is the fact that I am going to be a Maid of Honor in a wedding in July.
I received my dress from Davids Bridal yesterday (a size 14) and though it zips up- it feels very snug. My first mini-goal is to shed enough so that the dress looks/fits better on me.
I would love to add some new friends to keep us both motivated through our journeys!

Replies

• infinitiey818
    infinitiey818 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey. You've already got some amazing motivation through the wedding. I am trying to lose 40 pounds as well. Many failed attempts were made in the past too so this time I have decided to break up my major goal into several mini goals. I want to start small but strong.
    Anyway, I am also looking for friends I can connect with on a regular basis to keep up the motivation and accountability factor. Add me. :)
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    How fun that you're in a wedding! You have lots of time before July, I know you can do this!
  • SalsaBlend7
    SalsaBlend7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! So happy for you!!!
  • heidi4fox50
    heidi4fox50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I also am going to be in a wedding in November. I have Gained 40 pounds give or take and I am looking to loose all it plus some before the November wedding. But my first goal is to feel ok stepping out of the condo for vacation this Memorial day.
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Getting married in September, looking for motivating friends too. Feel free to add me!
  • LlamasEatOranges
    LlamasEatOranges Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im a dancer and I preform a lot. I'm hoping to loose weight so I look and feel more confident when dancing or just at the store. Its hard to find people who motivate you. I'm hoping we could motivate each other to have a more healthy and happy lifestyle. :) (ADD ME!)
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I started my journey (once again) March 8th and have lost almost 16 lbs so far! I have about another 30 to lose and need some friends as well who are really committed!
  • mrsmjmoreno
    mrsmjmoreno Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!