Need an accountability buddy

Options
Hi! I have used myfitnesspal for years at this point. But, I am now at a point that I need to get serious about my weight loss. I am a teacher and plan on really starting this journey on June 1st. I would like to have at least 1 or more people join me so we can hold each other accountable. I am married and have 2 kids, so I think for me, starting at the beginning of the summer is a good way to get started. I hope to be on a routine by when the school year starts again and keep on losing. I need to lose about 60-70 pounds. My last doctor's appointment I was told that if I continue with the path I am on, it is not a matter if I get diabetes, but when. I do not want to get diabetes. Time to get serious, lose the weight, inspire my children (and maybe my students). I have tried to go it alone and have lost about 10 pounds (and kept it off) over the last couple of years, but I need to do better.

Replies

• CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would love to be an accountability buddy with you! I am a former teacher, currently getting my MS in education. I know how hard it is to be healthy while teaching. Thus far I have lost about forty pounds and have twenty five left to go.
  • Sadiegirl1768
    Sadiegirl1768 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I need the same thing. I camp on weekends with my mom she keeps me on track while I'm there but when I'm home sun afternoon to Thur, I seem to really blow it. Add me
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Don't wait til June... we always wait for Monday, or after the Holidays or after.... stop waiting for a time to start, start now... This is a journey, in which we need to learn how to get through the holidays, birthday parties, date night, picnics, weddings etc. without regret and guilt... Getting your mind right with food doesn't need to start on a specific date start today!!! feel free to add me, I log daily and my diary is open. I have lost 52lbs since November and have about 40ish to go... lets do this!!! We are worth it!!!
  • AmyK1012017
    AmyK1012017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is don't wait till June! You will be amazed at how well you will do from now till june! I recently started going to the gym before work. I am not a morning person. But I am so proud of myself for it! I just need someone to encourage me to keep going especially when it gets hard.
  • itwontletmehaveaname
    itwontletmehaveaname Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Im not a teacher but i am an accountant who is at her desk all the time with so much down time to snack it's ridiculous. add me if you like. we can hold eachother accountable. and dont wait! start doing little things now :)
  • CammieThompson
    CammieThompson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I was just feeling a little discouraged because I've lost both of my accountability partners for now - they'll be back, but life is happening and they aren't staying on track. It's taken me 70 days to lose 14 pounds, but hey it's still 14 pounds. :) I have finally figured it out and hit my stride and I would love to connect if you want to get going now. I agree with the others - don't wait until June. I still have 78 pounds to go!
  • Rebekkadorn
    Rebekkadorn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I've been logging 1001 days but have had a bit of a relapse and put some weight back on. Currently finishing up my masters but would love someone to keep accountable to
  • Devoratrix
    Devoratrix Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Id love to help and I know I need help myself:)
  • Sandy32077
    Sandy32077 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I have been on myfitness for quite some time and I need help. I am a single mom of 3 kids 18,6 and 4 and need all the help i can get. I go up and down and I have hit 40 and i am starting to worry. I need a buddy to help me. Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
  • bacoo
    bacoo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm in the same boat! I would love to have you all for support!
    I don't know how to add friends, but if you add me I'll add you!!
  • JenDetermined
    JenDetermined Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have been gaining instead of losing. I think some accountability would really help get me back on track. Pls feel free to add me...
  • Devoratrix
    Devoratrix Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm starting my newest journey Thursday.... I'm going all in and want a group of people i can pour my feelings into and look to for support....6"4' 18m 260lbs with a goal of 200