Lack of motivation for everything else!

Options
Hello everyone, I have a bit of a problem and a question.

Although my diet is going on well, really well, it seems like I lack motivation for doing everything else.

I have all my will focused on one thing, so I became the queen of procrastinating work and studies. Does this happen to anyone else? How can I beat this?

I was supposed to check tests and review literature for a paper, I'm a grad student and teacher, instead, I went to the gym and I can't be bothered or focused. I'm all for planning meals, working out, and healthy eating, but the rest of my daily activities have suffered from a lack of focus and attention. I used to be so good at dividing my attention and will, but now not anymore. I am getting all the nutrients, as my program is being closely monitored by my doctor. I will ask him anyway once I see him, but is this common?

Any thoughts?

Replies

• mila_lova
    mila_lova Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Do you love your job? Are you passionate about your studies? Or have you been forcing yourself to do things you don't even like for so long, that now that you have something that actually interests you it's hard to force yourself through?

Sorry I might be projecting. School always took a huge amount of effort because I didn't like my major. I'd do anything to procrastinate on it.

Also, how much of your day does your work/school life take? You need to give yourself enough time to take care of yourself physically.
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think I am passionate about linguistics, my field, and I do like teaching English. It feels lately more as if I can't compartmentalize everything in my life all that well. Maybe it is because it takes a lot of my day, but I used to be fine with that last year. The only different variable is the new diet. It's weird, that's why I am asking to see if it is just me.
    I guess I'll try to have more time to myself, maybe it could help.

• Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If your passionate about something it is easier to do. Find your passion and apply. Just sounds like you are bored!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    I found focusing on my university studies helped me lose weight because I wasn't focusing on eating or not eating. What I ate just became a background habit.

But you might check to make sure you're getting enough vitamins etc.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I think I'd have a lot more fun going to the gym than doing papers and reviewing literature! You've discovered a new hobby. I often complain that my job interferes with my hobbies. Just work on the balance, since you need to do your graduate work!
  • BLawyered
    BLawyered Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is so me too. I've blown off my entire life except for strictly focusing on dieting lately. Blown off class. I went through (still going through) major burn out and I am sick of having to multitask. Yeah yeah. Not practical attitude for successful life. I'll work on it later.
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have to work on the balance then. Maybe it is aa new hobby, or new priorities.
    BLawyered wrote: »
    This is so me too. I've blown off my entire life except for strictly focusing on dieting lately. Blown off class. I went through (still going through) major burn out and I am sick of having to multitask. Yeah yeah. Not practical attitude for successful life. I'll work on it later.

We will have to work on it. I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I'm sorry as well. I know all to well how you feel.