Soy + Boobs?

Options
I have a friend that is swearing that once she started drinking soy milk a few years ago that her boobs grew a cup size. Does anyone have any personal experience with similar results?

The idea that the phytoestrogens in soy makes your boobs bigger but the internet generally says "no, you idiot, it doesn't work like that" but there have been a couple comments here and there saying that it worked for them. And then there are those claiming it only makes /men's/ boobs bigger. Any thoughts?

Replies

• iAmStarStuff27
    iAmStarStuff27 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Only one...stop worrying about your breast size! just saying...
  • lizzyclatworthy
    lizzyclatworthy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    If you find any evidence for this I am ALL over the soy! ;)
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression it affects hormone levels. Supposedly why men are sort of told to avoid it and women with a family of breast cancer are supposed to avoid it.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    As a guy, soy gave me thyroid problems. But I was consuming a LOT of it for over a year

Tread carefully.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yeah... has your friend also gained weight? And how old was she?

Seriously, I eat too much soy and my I have small breasts... Because I have a low body fat %. There doesn't seem to be enough evidence to show phytoestrogens effect humans (I'd like to be proven wrong though, that's just from what I've seen when I looked into it).
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, I have soy milk pretty much every morning - no grand boob miracle occurring here :grumble:

The only things that ever increased my boobs were;

a) When I was pregnant (no surprises there)

b) When I swam a lot (not actual boob increase. It just builds the muscle behind & made them look bigger as a result)
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Pretty much everything makes my boobs bigger. :grumble:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

um......hey?!? Howdy!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options

I'll swap ya :bigsmile:
  • celiacgirl1
    celiacgirl1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My reply... Seriously? If you eat soy make sure it is non genetically modified.
  • GeeWillickers
    GeeWillickers Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have my doubts on the validity of that. You would have to be consuming a considerable amount. Even if it is true for her doesn't mean it will be for others. I experimented with large quantities of soy and it did have an effect on me hormonally. Haven't read up on soy lately but, the science is pretty solid that excessive amounts can have a hormonal effect. Still don't see that translating into increased breast size. Of course I didn't see it translating into zapping my sex drive either.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

Yes!!! :flowerforyou:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

Yes!!! :flowerforyou:

Don't you dare!
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've heard plastic surgeons don't want you to talk about it out loud...
  • geeberscreepers
    geeberscreepers Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have smaller boobs anyway. If I so much as look at a McDonalds sign my boobs bump up a cup size. I'm carrying around over a stone in weight on my chest, it makes the rest of my body look huge too and there are so many clothes I can't wear.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    The best is to rub hummus directly. Results may vary.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    funny answers here
    no, but evidence suggests women who regularly imbibe soy products have fewer menopause symptoms (for your future reference)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    The only things I've found that made my boobs bigger are:

1. pregnancy (from AA to C by 7 weeks :drinker: )

2. breastfeeding (from C to DD in the 4 days it took for my milk to come in :drinker: )

I'm back to AA again though, following quitting breastfeeding and returning to my pre-pregnancy weight.... so I'd only recommend the above method to anyone who wants lots of kids.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Getting fat made my boobs bigger...yay! :laugh: ....I don't recommend that approach either.
  • classicalbk
    classicalbk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A person I sew for grew two inches in the bust after becoming vegan and eating lots of tofu. She also got much more painful periods. If you are low on estrogen, maybe tofu wouldn't be a problem, but if you swing high on estrogen already, maybe it could be a problem.