Weight watchers points

Options
Is there a place in my fitness pal that will convert to weight watchers points? Using multiple apps is cumbersome

Replies

• cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    No
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Not that I know of, and that's largely because WW has been so secretive about the formula of their new point system, but I did find a formula at wikihow (http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Your-Weight-Watchers-Points) to calculate it in a spreadsheet

Points Plus = (Protein grams / 11) + (Carbohydrate grams / 9) + (Fat grams / 4) - (Fiber grams / 35)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    No there isn't. This site is based purely on calories in vs. calories out. Weight Watchers "Smart Points" system is no longer points = calories. Certain foods have punitive point values now. Plus it's owned by WW, I'm not sure MFP could even get permission.

Look in the GROUPS menu.....I'm sure there are fellow WW members there.
  • WilliamAndersonLMHC
    WilliamAndersonLMHC Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Using WW points is a mistake. Count calories. I have clients that gain weight following the WW plan.
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Using WW points is a mistake. Count calories. I have clients that gain weight following the WW plan.

It is not a mistake for everyone - I have lost 20 pounds since January, I used to count calories and was not successful.
  • fvtfan
    fvtfan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Not that I know of, and that's largely because WW has been so secretive about the formula of their new point system, but I did find a formula at wikihow (http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Your-Weight-Watchers-Points) to calculate it in a spreadsheet

Points Plus = (Protein grams / 11) + (Carbohydrate grams / 9) + (Fat grams / 4) - (Fiber grams / 35)

That is Points Plus which is an older program - just so people realize it. It is currently Smart Points
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    Is there a place in my fitness pal that will convert to weight watchers points? Using multiple apps is cumbersome

No...WW is proprietary. I'd say just pick one or the other.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    fvtfan wrote: »

It is not a mistake for everyone - I have lost 20 pounds since January, I used to count calories and was not successful.

Weight Watchers can definitely work for some people. I lost about 80 pounds on a previous program (but gained it back, obv. - not the fault of the plan, totally my fault!). I think for many "beginners" it's helpful, but in the end calorie-counting is much more accurate. I certainly wouldn't discount WW out of hand or call it a "mistake."
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    fvtfan wrote: »

This^

It's not one-size-fits-all. I'm sure some people can manage to gain weight (especially if fruits & veggies are still free) but the bulk of people don't gain.....or they would be out of business.

The new Smart Points system is punitive for certain foods - Oprah can eat bread every day....but she's paying dearly for that. Punitive points will actually lower the calories for many.