Going to a baseball game & celebrating a birthday!

Options
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love to eat at the baseball game....Love it! And today is my little one's 4th birthday. I do believe the phrase "like a fat girl loves cake" was made up for me....I love cake....love it!! Need some motivation. Didn't do so well this morning either. What can I eat at the game??????

Replies

• atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    everyone deserves to have a free day especially for special occasions...how have you been doing? when you say you didn't do so well this morning, what does that mean? would a piece of cake completely devastate your day or are you like me and one piece would start a train wreck effect? as far as what you can eat at the game that is healthy...not sure there are any good options...
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what options your ball park has but I know when i went to games back home (Go GIANTS!) they had grilled chicken sandwiches and hummus and corn on the cob...along with the traditional yummy ballpark dogs and such. My suggestion would be if you want a hot dog,...have it...enjoy your little ones bday. just skip beer or soda. Drink water...and LOTS of it. by drinking water you wont eat as much unhealthy foods and youll stay hydrated. maybe walk around the park or up and down stairs a little extra then you normally would. there are TONS of stairs there and easy ways to burn some extra calories...go to the bathroom in a different section not the close one...earn your hot dog. HAVE FUN!
  • Janie5605
    Janie5605 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Also...just have the cake :) just a small piece...not a three-six inch slice like we all know we've been guilty of before...just have like a little slice. youll get the flavor, feel rewarded and not indulge too much.
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It may not seem like it but a regular sized hot dog with jut mustard is just around 250 cals, so it's relatively "healthy". The only thing I would worry about is sodium, but honestly, everyone deserves to indulge every once in a while! And as for the cake, I say go for a small piece, a little cake never hurt anyone!
  • LizabethRose
    Options
    Thanks guys...last night I didn't eat a whole lot of bad stuff....just went back to the habit of eating b/c I was bored...ended up eating more than I really wanted....and I didn't log. Haven't logged today either. I've done so well...had lost 6 pounds in almost 2 weeks...I did have the cake, yum!!!!!!!!!! I think we are gonna try to eat before we go to the game though....and hopefully I'll make it though :) Thanks for the encouragement!