Dr said lose or die, so here I am

Options
mjdegraw
mjdegraw Posts: 11 Member
edited April 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hi the topic says it all. About 6 years ago I was not doing so good, family issues and PTSD issues. Got my crap together and started losing weight. To the tune of 108 lbs. Down from 355 (248) supper proud of myself. A divorce and children issues, Now
Fast forward to 2017. All weight plus some are VERY mucch back (366). Started getting back to the way I was in 2011. Today at Avera Fitness 3 weeks in and down to 355 and still feeling blaaa but better than 3 weeks ago. Trying to get healthy to stay alive with my new wife of 5 years. I'm doing this for me but being alive for her is a great bonus.

Replies

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You might want to check out this group, its a great and active support area for folks looking to lose 50+ pounds.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3462-50-pounds-to-lose
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you're here, and making good choices.
  • 2ndchancetoshine
    2ndchancetoshine Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP. It will be a great journey. good luck and feel free to add me> I am just getting back on track. after gaining weight back.
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You CAN do this!!
  • goolhc
    goolhc Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy to read you make the right decision to loose weight. You deserve a lot of respect to already loose so many weight, you must feel fantastic about it. I'm here for 3,5 weeks and will loose 100lbs, because i also get an advice from my cardiology to loose weight.
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    mjdegraw wrote: »
    Hi the topic says it all. About 6 years ago I was not doing so good, family issues and PTSD issues. Got my crap together and started losing weight. To the tune of 108 lbs. Down from 355 (248) supper proud of myself. A divorce and children issues, Now
    Fast forward to 2017. All weight plus some are VERY mucch back (366). Started getting back to the way I was in 2011. Today at Avera Fitness 3 weeks in and down to 355 and still feeling blaaa but better than 3 weeks ago. Trying to get healthy to stay alive with my new wife of 5 years. I'm doing this for me but being alive for her is a great bonus.

I hear you and I so want you to do it. You've done it before so you know you can. Don't give up on yourself xx
  • bobsgirlz
    bobsgirlz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I get what you are u against , 100 lbs to lose here , just getting started
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm also dealing with medical issues exacerbated by obesity (in my case poor lower body circulation hurting my lymphatic system and making my leg prone to swelling and infection). You can absolutely do this. I've gone from 254 lbs to 200.6. It's not always easy, but the support here is great!
  • Kristine2017Smith
    Kristine2017Smith Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I'm going to lose around fifty pounds. So far, so good. I would love to share in your success and helpyou if I can. Feel free to add me.