My Peak Challenge 2017

Options
SpontaneousHiker
SpontaneousHiker Posts: 79 Member
edited January 2017 in Motivation and Support
This is for anyone in doing the My Peak Challenge for 2017. Feel free to chat, ask questions, and swap recipes!

I'm in North Bay, ON and this is my first year doing the challenge.

Replies

• beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Massachusetts here, first year as well!
  • SpontaneousHiker
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm a little late beginning. I caught a bug off of a family member or two over the holidays. I'm almost over it. :smile:
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Old Orchard Beach, ME. This is my first year. I started today. I'm following the training portion and have reset my MFP nutritional goals to match the nutritional philosophy.
  • jigglypuff349
    jigglypuff349 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am here in Peterborough, ON. Does anyone know where I can find the meal plan set up for this year? Someone posted all of the foods on this app but not sure where to search.
  • leihall
    leihall Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Orlando FL. Also first year. Some what technology challenged so not sure I'm taking advantage of all that is out there for MPC2017.
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    I am here in Peterborough, ON. Does anyone know where I can find the meal plan set up for this year? Someone posted all of the foods on this app but not sure where to search.

If you have signed up for MPC2017, the meal plan is in your welcome email.
  • BeaBmills
    BeaBmills Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi Peakers! I'm from Lansing Michigan, this is my first time as a peakers and a first time at a healthy lifestyle change. So far, I've been having a blast even though I'm a little sore.
  • ridgejm
    ridgejm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in AZ and a first time Peaker! Looking forward to learning more about macros. I'm getting a little frustrated with this app. Can't find the food database consistently on my phone. Someone on Facebook said all the recipes had been input into this app. If so, I can't find them. Anyone?
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    I have used MyFitnessPal for years but last year I had 7 surgeries so I took some time off just to recover. Unfortunately, that recovery came with quite a bit of added weight. It feels good to be eating moderately and exercising regularly again. (I mean, seriously, who wouldn't be motivated to work out to those sexy Scottish accents?!) I just started MPC last Monday. I'm feeling more flexible and have more energy. I am excited for the months to come!
  • SpontaneousHiker
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm sorry I've been quiet recently. It's been a bad month. I'm glad to meet some fellow peakers here on mfp. Would people like to share recipes?
  • debrakgoogins
    Options
    I've been eating my regular foods just lowering the servings and watching my macros. I really can't follow the nutritional part of the plan. I work full time, go to school full time and have a teenager in the midst of college visits to decide where he'll play football. My new favorite snack is mushroom salsa. It is amazing! The only thing I change is to use habanero because we like it extra hot!
    http://www.wiveswithknives.net/2012/09/17/mushroom-jalapeno-and-cilantro-salsa-a-new-cookbook-and-a-giveaway/
  • SpontaneousHiker
    Options
    I totally understand. I have sort of got the plan. Some of the meal plan has a lot of smoothies and yogurt...and I can't stand either haha. I'll try out some of the meal plan because a lot of it does look good, but mostly I'll be cooking my regular meals.

I've noticed hummus is in the nutritional plan. I wasn't too sure if people wanted to make their own hummus or not. I make a pretty mean hummus. :)
  • SpontaneousHiker
    Options
    Hummus:
    -Take a can of chickpeas, rinse them off before putting them into a bowl
    -Crush some of the chickpeas with a fork, this helps when you either put them into a blender or use a hand blender.
    -Finely chop two cloves of garlic, add them to the chickpeas
    -Juice half of a lemon and add to the mix (if you would like more citrus you can add the other half)
    -Add about two tablespoons of olive oil
    -Blend the mixture, and pause every once in while to adding more of olive oil, keep doing this until the mixture is smooth
    -Add cumin, turmeric and salt to taste (I add lots of cumin)

This will make you a large batch of hummus, but it will last in your fridge! Have fun!
  • SpontaneousHiker
    Options
    http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/carrot-apple-ginger-soup

Made this soup on the weekend. It's pretty tasty!
  • Ealasaid61
    Ealasaid61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Libbi here I'm a first time peaker this year from Arizona. So glad there is a group now here on MFP.
  • csr320
    csr320 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Courtney, from South Alabama. Need some EASY MPC recipes :)
  • BethC1979
    BethC1979 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Beth from San Diego. I'm not really active on the forums here but feel free to add me as a friend or however it works here. <3
  • amgoth2000
    amgoth2000 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! Just found you guys :). I am from New Jersey and I am a new Peaker heh I had my fist get together with some Peakers on Sunday, had a great time, I only lasted 2 hours walking but a year ago I would not have lasted 30 minutes heh
  • allykiern
    allykiern Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So glad I found you! I am from Venice, Italy, and a first time peaker. This year I will have to focus on non physical challenges, such as my graduation, but I still want to eat clean(or try) and possibly start training again!
  • DawnBlave
    DawnBlave Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just became a MPC Member yesterday. Orlando, FL based. Looking forward to accelerating my program to join in a challenge for September.