Anyone have suggestions for getting more protein?

Options
I'm back on my regular workout schedule and wanted to know if anyone has suggestions for getting more protein during the day? I don't seem to get enough. Sugar and salt are never a problem though. :p

Thanks

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    chicken, pork, turkey and shrimp are my go-to protein sources with little/no fat/carbs
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I make sure I have greek yogurt as a snack and preplan my meals.

That way I know if I need to supplement my protein....I typically don't and usually get at least 100 grams a day.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, beans, meat/seafood/poultry. Protein powders/bars are also good to help supplement if you can't get to you goal on diet alone or just need something quick.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome suggestions. Thank you
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Beans
    Scallops
    Shrimp
    Chicken
    Pork
    Protein bars
    Protein cheesecake
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I use protein powder. My protein shakes are my favourite meal of the day. So yummy! With it I manage to eat around 100gr of protein per day.
  • 2wise4u
    2wise4u Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    I use protein powder. My protein shakes are my favourite meal of the day. So yummy! With it I manage to eat around 100gr of protein per day.

This is a great idea. Thanks
  • daltontf
    daltontf Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Canned sardines and mackerel.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    chicken, egg whites, shakes/bars, light cheese, greek yogurt, lean red meat, pork
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I add chocolate protein powder to my coffee
    My morning snack is always Chobani 100 Crunch yogurts (10g protein)
    My favorite at home breakfast/lunch is a piece of Ezekiel toast spread with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow and topped with an egg and hot sauce. I have also started adding 2 oz of deli meat - the chicken I have been eating has 60 calories and 8g protein
    Afternoon snack is often veggies and hummus (today I have sliced cucumbers with Edamame hummus)
    Halo Top or Arctic Zero for dessert
    Replace rice with quinoa or couscous
    Baby bell cheese rounds or string cheese are low cal and have some protein
    Quest now has protein chips - I don't find them to be my favorite thing but the macros are good and they do have a nice crunch
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Flat Outs 100 calorie wraps have 9g of protein and 8g of fiber. I make myself a breakfast burrito with these and a couple of eggs every morning. Halo Top ice cream, yo! That stuff is awesome. It's between 220-360 calories per pint depending upon the flavor--so you can eat the whole thing if you want--and it's 24 g of protein, low in sugar, and has 20 g of fiber per pint. Check it out! For your protein and your sweet tooth! www.halotop.com
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I mix protein powder with random things. Like I made french toast last night and I added a scoop of protein powder to the batter.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I make protein bowls for breakfast 33g of protein... 1c. greek non fat yogurt (any yogurt will do I just like this one) then I put a 1/2 scoop of chocolate protein powder (you can use any flavor) 1/4c trail mix and top with fresh berries. Keeps me full straight through to lunch. Other ways I get my protein in: Egg whites, string cheese, tuna, chicken/steak/ground turkey, beans.
  • hdrenollet
    hdrenollet Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, protein powder. I use a whey isolate on workout days especially which packs 60 grams of protein and only 260 calories. You get used to the taste. Even eating lean meats all day (chicken & turkey mostly), I have a hard time hitting my macros.
  • caseyanne2
    caseyanne2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
  • shannonknapp560
    shannonknapp560 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My go to protein is plain yogurt and I put a scoop of protein powder in there with berries. :) Its a quick fix and filling. ;)
  • hicksang121
    hicksang121 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My $0.02 is to eat a balanced diet, but use protein shakes as added protein - using a protein powder mixed with water or almond milk is a more "efficient" way to add protein. What I'm getting at is watch your calorie to protein ratio - don't eat too many calories chasing a protein macro number. Best of luck!
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I eat several small meals/snacks throughout the day. I find it's much easier to up your protein when you're not trying to cram it all into one or two meals. I plan my main meals around lean protein, and then fill in the rest with whatever else sounds good.