Problems starting?

Options
I just wondered if anyone else experiences this.. When I start my workout, for the first say 10 minutes I feel like crap and think I'm never gonna make it thru, but then as the session continues it disappears and I feel like I could keep going for hours! I really suffer at the very beginning! Just me being a freak or does anyone else get this?

Replies

• caeliumspecto
    caeliumspecto Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    All the time. I think my warm-ups just don't cut it. Once my muscles get nice and limber I can usually push myself much harder near the end.
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Im the same way, and I dread it hours before. I think thats my issue. I make such a big deal of it hours before I start and then after i've been going for a bit I realize I just worked myself up and it wasn't as bad/horrible as I thought it was going to be.
  • Crooks0204
    Crooks0204 Posts: 189
    Options
    I have the same issue....its like I need a jumpstart and then Im good!!
  • gibsons
    gibsons Posts: 24
    Options
    I think a lot of it is "mental." We "dread" getting off our rear-ends and starting but once we do the blood is flowing, maybe some feel-good endorphins kick in, and it's pretty darn good :-) I know that I've been told (and it's true for me) that if you just feel like not exercising on a given day, commit to just 10 or 15 minutes and then see what happens. More often than not I'll stick it out for 45 - 60.
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yep, same thing happens to me. I think it just takes a little warming up those first few minutes before I start to get into my groove.
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The first 15 minutes are sooo hard for me! I just want to get off the machine and go home, but when you get to 15:01 you're home free! I think its so weird how we have mentalities like that!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Oh, Neil, this happens to me ALL the time. I completely understand. I feel crappy to start, but once I get started, I hit a stride and I feel like I'm flying. Not sure why I can't remember that when I am dreading the start of working out though. The mind is a funny thing, right?

You are doing amazingly well, friend! Keep pushing it. I'll be here to cheer you on. :flowerforyou: