Day 2, this is gonna be harder than I thought

Options
Roey1231
Roey1231 Posts: 7 Member
edited April 2017 in Getting Started
Just realized that what I thought of as a high protein diet is not nearly good enough and unknowingly ate more carbs than I realized. This is not gonna be easy. I will appreciate all the motivation I can get!

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Roey1231 wrote: »
    Just realized that what I thought of as a high protein diet is not nearly good enough and unknowingly ate more carbs than I realized. This is not gonna be easy. I will appreciate all the motivation I can get!

If you're having trouble on day two then you have to ask yourself if what you are doing is sustainable. Just an FYI Low carb is usually accompanied by high fat and moderate protein. In terms of weightloss calories are what matters, don't worry about macros.
  • Roey1231
    Roey1231 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am not sure I would say I am already having trouble, but I was very disappointed when I realized that what I thought was good choices as in high protein, low carbs wasn't what I expected when I looked at the numbers. But I was under my calorie goal so, you are right, I need to focus there.
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I did a very high protein diet/ extremely low carb diet in the past and it WAS hard. i did lost about 40 lbs thought but it was very hard to sustain/maintain and i gained it all back! this was around 2003 when Atkins was very popular. Fast forward to 2017 and here i am again trying to lose weight. I have made sure to have enough protein but i am not eliminating carbs completely , just not going overboard and i have lost weight! i love bread and could probably just sit and eat a whole loaf lol . good luck to you
  • lallybc
    lallybc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of carbs B)
    Eat for nutritions sake - whole foods - avoid the processed whites. Carbs give us energy. We need them
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Roey1231 wrote: »

Cut yourself some slack. Your first couple weeks are about warming up your diet skills and self discovery. It's when you get into the habit of logging everything and start to figure out what macro choices will work for you.
  • kayeroze
    kayeroze Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Ilose weight and I hit 40-50% carbs, 30% protein, and 20-30% fat, similar to what MFP recommends. As for protein intake, it's a simple matter of choices when you eat snacks or prepare meals. For me, I like hitting high protein always, so I focus my meals and snacks around that, with fat as a secondary (not a low carber at all though). Once you have a better grasp on nutrition and where food falls, you'll have an easier time eating higher protein foods. I would recommend doing some research or scouting the nutrition side of Pinterest for easy demographics.