Safe multivitamin?

Options
rbratt06
rbratt06 Posts: 2,978 Member
I got these vitafusion vitamins for free to review. As part of it, I need to spread the word about it on social media and, as a result, I've had a couple of people tell me to not bother taking them because this brand is unsafe. One said the vitamins she took (beauty sleep and hair, skin, & nails) were damaging her kidneys, so her doctor told her to stop. Another said her naturopath told her that vitafusion adds the wrong folic acid and bad additives in their vitamins. Now I'm unsure if I should try them. Has anyone else experienced this with vitafusion?

qx9awsbzu2u8.jpg

Replies

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    As far as I've ever heard or seen they are one of the highest rated for quality.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That's one of the main brands of vitamins - not some little sketchy company from other country or something. You're probably safe.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Has your friend reported kidney damage to the FDA? That's kind of a big deal.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    You can look up some of their products on labdoor.com which will rank supplements and help you decide what would be best for you.

https://labdoor.com/review/vitafusion-vitamin-d3-gummy-vitamins
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am sure you won't die.

https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/
  • ksyrnyk
    ksyrnyk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I sent you a message regarding this. Looking forward to hearing from you! :)
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    rbratt06 wrote: »
    I got these vitafusion vitamins for free to review. As part of it, I need to spread the word about it on social media and, as a result, I've had a couple of people tell me to not bother taking them because this brand is unsafe. One said the vitamins she took (beauty sleep and hair, skin, & nails) were damaging her kidneys, so her doctor told her to stop. Another said her naturopath told her that vitafusion adds the wrong folic acid and bad additives in their vitamins. Now I'm unsure if I should try them. Has anyone else experienced this with vitafusion?

qx9awsbzu2u8.jpg

VitaFusion is certainly safe. It's rated as good brand. Not sure why anyone would tell you otherwise unless they are just one of the "anti-vitamin" crowd. Plenty of those around. ;)
  • rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,978 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I'll go ahead and try them out. :)
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I use the VitaFusion gummies every day
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    rbratt06 wrote: »
    ... Another said her naturopath told her that vitafusion adds the wrong folic acid and bad additives in their vitamins...

I ignore everything I hear from naturopaths. I'm not dead. In fact, my doctor tells me every year at my annual that I'm the healthiest patient he has. He looks at my blood work, gives me a checkup, asks if I have any concerns, then we talk sports for the remainder of my appointment time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    naturopath...lol...