Boobie Blues

Options

Replies

• StarBrightStarBright
    StarBrightStarBright Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    lisa8454 wrote: »
    Try Nordstrom online; they have band sizes down to 28, and cup sizes up to K, even in the small band sizes. They're expensive, though, usually above $50; I think the bras in those sizes are European brands. (30D here -- and that D looks mighty tiny.)

Some Nordstroms brick-and-mortars also carry smaller sizes as well. I always buy during the annual sale - I usually buy the Natori brand and wear a 32DD and never have a problem finding it in store.

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I had some snug 38DDs and am in a 34D now. I am psyched that I can wear bralettes and I even jogged a little last night in a stretchy type sports bra, two things I could never do comfortably before.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I empathise. I've always been in DD region and thought it would be great to be smaller so I could wear all the beautiful small sized bras. Unfortunately when I lost 40kg and got down to B size I could literally fold my boobs into the bra.... sob sob sob. I was so felt so deflated (pun intended) I didn't bother getting any pretty bras anyway.
  • FreyasRebirth
    FreyasRebirth Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    lisa8454 wrote: »
    Certain foods have a similar blocking effect on androgens, like spearmint tea (you can search pubmed and find the research). Hmmm, maybe going heavy on the spearmint tea would help the bust situation...

Worst case, it does nothing but gives me good breath? :D
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I gotta say - I'm a member of the itty bitty titty committee. I only ever had boobs when I gained weight, I gladly wave farewell to them.

Sorry OP, I understand your struggle. But at least you're not alone :smile:
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I agree with the posters. Lift weights and good chest muscles DO help. Victoria secret may be your "cure." I have a lot of girlfriends that wear the push up bras and no one knows! No shame in wearing them.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    Ugh, I'm down from a 34 DD to a 32 D...so frustrating to try to find bras in 30 or 32 bands that are larger than an A or B cup. It's almost like the bra industry doesn't want you losing weight and only wants you in larger sized bras. It's very odd because every other time I've ever lost weight I went down significantly in cup sizes too, so this is a new problem for me. I've been wearing a 34C as a 'sister' size, but the bands are slipping and sliding because I can't get them tight enough on the last clasp (probably because I'm more like a 31 band). I guess I need to start special ordering them now that I'm fully into maintenance...blargh...or just wear sports bras all the time (which is what I do most of the time right now)...funny though, sports bras don't really cut it when I need to dress up. :/

Try Freya! I wear a 28FF uk size and I love their bras. Curvy Kate too
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Momjogger wrote: »
    I agree with the posters. Lift weights and good chest muscles DO help. Victoria secret may be your "cure." I have a lot of girlfriends that wear the push up bras and no one knows! No shame in wearing them.

Developed chest muscles don't always help. I have pretty developed pecs and all they do is push what little breast tissue I have down. So it's like square man pec...down...down...little boobie. Very weird looking.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I don't want to hear about people with B cups complain. Talk to me when you can't fill out a A cup and your belly sticks out as far as your chest. :disappointed:

OP - I hope you know I'm joking. I'm sorry for your loss.

My belly does stick out further than my chest, haha. :D

So does mine at the moment. I finally figured out that I'm an apple shape and that the belly will be the last to go.

As for the boob issue, I am so thrilled that mine have shrunk to virtually nothing as they used to be huge and my "lovely" sisters (who are no longer part of my life) used to torment me over them :( And they better suit my smaller body. DH <3 isn't quite so thrilled but he'll get over it.

But, I have - or I am going to have, with more strength training - nice shoulders and arms. I love the definition I'm getting and like to show them off. I never used to wear sleeveless tops.

So there are compensations to weight loss :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Momjogger wrote: »

Developed chest muscles don't always help. I have pretty developed pecs and all they do is push what little breast tissue I have down. So it's like square man pec...down...down...little boobie. Very weird looking.

I have the same. I would say actually i have more "pecs" than "boobs".

To be fair though, since i was a competitive gymnast at a young age i've always had "pecs".
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I love my smaller boobs!! Technically I measure at a 32c but (just being real) it's mostly just loose skin that's making them measure that big. I wear an XS sports bra and I look extremely flat chested wearing that. I've nursed 4 babies and was obese so my boobs are just saggy loose skin after all that. But they used to be enormous (like h cup) and I much prefer how they look now. I love that I can wear lower cut shirts and not have ridiculous cleavage. I can jump around without pain or feeling self conscious. I have definitely embraced the small boob life. :)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I lost inches on my waist and hips and thighs for 8 months after I stopped losing weight. Everything became more solid. My breasts also got a lot firmer (yay!) though not bigger (which is good for me - I was 38DD and am now a 38C or D - which looks better). Buy a good bra and clothes that fit and show off what you want. It makes ALL the difference.
  • mechell007
    mechell007 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with my tiny titties. It's nice going braless most of the time. When I do buy bras they're real cheap. But no cleavage. And I have a large ribcage, which sometimes seems to protrude past my boobs... That's a good look right?
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I was 34F before I started losing weight and now am down to a 32E which I much prefer, they probably don't look much smaller because my waist has also decreased in size but are much more manageable at that size and no longer try to escape out the side of my bras!

To be honest, this is probably the best time (except the mid-late 90s) to have small boobs. There are so many pretty fashions at the moment like bralets, backless tops, off the shoulder which are inaccessible to me. So embrace your small boobs!

@b3achy I don't know where you're based but take a look at http://www.brastop.com/ Lots of pretty bras in D+ cups and backs as small as 28. They are UK based so if you're in the US you might have to pay out a bit for shipping but there are usually sales on so it shouldn't work out too expensive.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    kimothy38 wrote: »
    I empathise. I've always been in DD region and thought it would be great to be smaller so I could wear all the beautiful small sized bras. Unfortunately when I lost 40kg and got down to B size I could literally fold my boobs into the bra.... sob sob sob. I was so felt so deflated (pun intended) I didn't bother getting any pretty bras anyway.

Unfortunately, I can relate. I'm only down 27lbs and still have at least another 30lbs to go...but already, my once full and lush DD's are starting to flatten out. I'll be 40 next year, so between weightloss and age, the odds are against me. But my boobs have always kinda been my "trademark"...and something I could still play up to feel attractive, despite being a big girl.

My health is the priority, but I'm genuinely struggling with the death of my full breasts. Maybe Reebok could make a come back with their pump shoes...but for boobs :)

34vefpe1odtp.jpg
  • jlscherme
    jlscherme Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I was a 38C now I have no idea what I am. All I know is that I'm probably wearing the wrong size/type for my shape. I'm too shy to be measured at a store.
  • SpotLighttt
    SpotLighttt Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Wolfger wrote: »
    B is for Beautiful. :wink:

and E is for Enormously Entertaining
  • blondepaparazzi
    blondepaparazzi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am a 38 DD at the moment, but I'm also a touch over 200 lbs after having a baby in December. Working on getting this off, I've already had breast reduction surgery over ten years ago, when I was much skinnier and a DDD. I'd prefer less boobage but only because I want to be able to wear cute shirts without a bunch of cleavage. Sometimes I feel like turtlenecks are the only thing I can wear if I want to be modest! But I've always detested my huge chest. It bugs me! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. Good luck! Maybe we all just need to be okay with what we got, I know for me that's not easy though.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    @jlscherme A well fitting bra is super important for posture and comfort. This website is fantastic for home measuring, lingerie chains usually put people in too big bands and too small cups

http://www.brasizecalculator.tk/
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    I wonder if a plastic surgeon would take the fat from my belly and move it to my boobs.

I thought that was a thing

They can do that for your butt