Resistance Bands...

Options
What would be the most effective exercises using these? Would love to pick them up again but don't know where to start :-/ I have 3 different bands, easy medium and hard...

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Very curious about this also, though I don't have any yet.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything you can do with dumbbells, you can do with resistance bands.
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    turbo jam uses them with leg lifts and squats. you can use them for almost anything!
  • blondebaby9890
    Options
    Pretty much anything you can do with dumbbells, you can do with resistance bands.

I've got both...any different exercise I can do than what i already do with the dumbbells?
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    At my Rosemary Conley fitness class we lie down on the floor, knees up to chest and wrap the bands round the top of the shins then open and close your knees against the tension you've created....does that make sense? Do this as many times as you like....great for toning inner thighs.

Alternatively...still lying on floor...put band round sole of foot and holding the ends raise your leg up and down and then change legs.

Standing up....hold ends of band and stand in middle...pull each end up and down to tone arms.

Hope this gives you some ideas to get started.
  • blondebaby9890
    Options
    At my Rosemary Conley fitness class we lie down on the floor, knees up to chest and wrap the bands round the top of the shins then open and close your knees against the tension you've created....does that make sense? Do this as many times as you like....great for toning inner thighs.

Alternatively...still lying on floor...put band round sole of foot and holding the ends raise your leg up and down and then change legs.

Standing up....hold ends of band and stand in middle...pull each end up and down to tone arms.

Hope this gives you some ideas to get started.

BRILLIANT!! Just what i was looking for!! Thank you!
  • PenTool
    PenTool Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here's a fantastic online resource for resistance band exercises. Free, live, online streaming workout sessions produced by Bodylastics. They also have the live sessions archived so you can watch at your leisure.

BTW, I'm not affiliated with them, but I do own a set of Bodylastics bands and they are great! Check out reviews online.

Bodylastics online workout sessions:
    http://www.liveexercise.com

Here are the show descriptions:
    http://www.liveexercise.com/shows/

Check out some Bodylastics resistance bands reviews:
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=bodylastics&x=0&y=0
  • whispiri
    whispiri Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    WOW :smile: ,

Thanks Everyone for those links. I was away at Family Camp for our Church for the past week and while there, one of the ladies ran a fitness class for a couple afternoons as an activity. Anyhow, I discovered Stretch Bands (Thera-Bands) there and bought one from her to use at home.

I am amazed to find such a recent article on it. I have been checking out youtube for some ideas on how to use them. I am wanting to target my legs and my butt right now. Some of these websites posted here on this thread were very helpful as well. I have hyper mobility in my knees and the chiropractor recommended these kind of exercises a long time ago but was out of the thera-bands at that point. I finally started this new exercise last night and I am impressed at how easy it is to target some of those areas.
  • Balsaboy
    Balsaboy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Here's a fantastic online resource for resistance band exercises. Free, live, online streaming workout sessions produced by Bodylastics. They also have the live sessions archived so you can watch at your leisure.

BTW, I'm not affiliated with them, but I do own a set of Bodylastics bands and they are great! Check out reviews online.

I'd like to second this -- I think Bodylastics makes an amazing product -- I've been using the resistance bands for just under a year and everything came together when I started following their daily fitness shows on liveexercise[dot]com -- in the short period of time of use I've dropped weight (combined with regular running) but more importantly for me I've started to tone and show muscle definition. I love the online workouts, there is something there for everyone from muscle building to toning to sports specific workouts (MMA, football etc), and I have found their customer service to be quick and efficient.

The first thing that sold me on the product was the affordable price -- my set cost me somewhere around $60, (check out the head to head online comparisons to products like bowflex for both cost and effectiveness). I've since dropped my gym membership and switched to the workout programs and don't think I'll ever look back. I don't use their online forum/community much other then to search specific topics, to be honest MFP is my go-to-it spot for pretty much everything fitness or nutrition related, but I do like to look at the before and after results of other bodylastic users.

Anyway, I can't recommend this product enough, especially if you're looking to have a full body workout without having a room piling up with exercise equipment, weights and such.
  • theba2il
    theba2il Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I use them with P90. There may be some dvd's at your library.
  • rainbowbrite1979
    Options
    bump. Thanks!
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've just stumbled across their site and I must say, this has really helped me to want to join! IS it actually as free as they say? I know there are some sites that are free for a bit and then bump it up and I really don't want to invest and then have my time cut short you know? I must say, from what I've seen it looks amazing!
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Options

Hello from Chicago!
    It has some basic band exercises I can use. Thanks for the site.