Activity Level

Options
I lift weights in the morning 5 days a week and it usually takes me 75 minutes. I also do cardio/calisthenics workouts 3-4 times a week in the morning and they take 15-35 minutes. Afterwards, I spend the rest of my day walking to class and sitting in class.

What would you say my activity level is? I was thinking either "Not Very Active" or "Lightly Active".

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How far do you walk to class?
  • BishoBOY
    BishoBOY Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How far do you walk to class?

I'm not sure on distance but it usually takes me 10 mins from my house.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sedentary and log your exercise separately
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    BishoBOY wrote: »
    I lift weights in the morning 5 days a week and it usually takes me 75 minutes. I also do cardio/calisthenics workouts 3-4 times a week in the morning and they take 15-35 minutes. Afterwards, I spend the rest of my day walking to class and sitting in class.

What would you say my activity level is? I was thinking either "Not Very Active" or "Lightly Active".

Pick one. Monitor your intake and your weight. If you are gaining/losing (depending on your personal goals) the amount you think you should, you got it right. If you are off one way or the other, adjust accordingly.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Don't include your exercise in your activity setting - that's not what it's for.
    That would be double dipping.

• BishoBOY
    BishoBOY Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Don't include your exercise in your activity setting - that's not what it's for.

So would you say I should set my activity level is lightly active?
  • sturgeonml2017
    sturgeonml2017 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This may not help at all but I set me activity level at the lowest and then use the "exercise calories" I gain by just doing my daily routine as a buffer. That if I have a low will power day or a day where I find myself having to do a lot of estimating I'm still losing my 2 pounds a week.works for me.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    BishoBOY wrote: »
    sijomial wrote: »

So would you say I should set my activity level is lightly active?

I would start there - it really is only a start point.

After a few weeks you will be able to judge by your results (potentially have to ignore an initial water weight change...) if your calorie allowance:
    • Results in preferred rate of loss.
    • Is going to be sustainable for the duration of dieting until you get to goal.
    • How it impacts your exercise performance.
    • Hunger levels.