He's bringing home the enemy!!!

Options
I LOVE Taco Bell! And my husband just ate lunch there and decided to buy me a nachos bell grande! It's almost 800 calories!!! :sad:

Replies

• Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Taco Bell! And my husband just ate lunch there and decided to buy me a nachos bell grande! It's almost 800 calories!!! :sad:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Why is he bringing it to you? If you don't want to eat it you should have told him not to get it!
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    he already bought and I'm now eating it! oh well..now I'll just have to go to the gym
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Pour water on it! Fill up on something healthy so you'll be too full to have it! Be strong!
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You can burn 800 calories - no problem.:drinker:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    push the sour cream off, get a fork and eat the lettuce, tomato, beef, beans and a little cheese. Leave the chips on the plate... cut your calories in half! Still satisfies the craving, and only requires half the time on the treadmill:bigsmile:
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    I absolutely love taco bell. I was contemplating having taco bell yesterday...I should have went with taco bell. I had researched the nutrition info and had my meal planned out. 2 Fresco tacos and 1 pinto with no red sauce or cheese. That meal is only 410 calories. That is not that bad. But I didn't...instead I went to McDonalds...ugh. The kids were happy. Of course they were, they worked their meal off playing on the playground for an hour! :smile: And I sat there and watched....wish that could burn calories :grumble:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    he already bought and I'm now eating it! oh well..now I'll just have to go to the gym
    That is an excellent attitude :bigsmile:

Nothing wrong with having your favorites sometimes.... and knowing it's OK (just might have to do a little extra to work it off!)
  • beahurey
    beahurey Posts: 108
    Options
    Pour water on it! Fill up on something healthy so you'll be too full to have it! Be strong!

I love this trick! I learned this a few years back from one of my friends. She would pour water on her food when she didn't want to eat anymore. My husband will tell me to stop but I do this in restaurants. I know the advice is box some of it up and take it home. I have tried that....you know what I do? I eat it when I get home...the same day! And I feel like I am sneaking. So I love the water method until I am stronger at least.
  • cettefille
    Options

My mom used to do stuff like that to me.... like bring me home a sandwich from chick- fil-a and I would ask her why she would do that when she knows I'm trying to lose weight and count my calories. And she would say 'then don't eat it', knowing I can't resist it. I asked her why she didn't want me to lose weight, that I thought she wanted me to be fat.... and now she doesn't bring that type of stuff home for me, thankfully.

No willpower once it's already in my kitchen.
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wow! I like the water trick, never heard of it. I will have to start trying that.
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    :laugh: After I told him how many calories it was he said he was sorry but he didn't mind the fact that I had to come with him to the gym tonight! :heart:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    oh, his reason behind his madness....smart guy:wink:
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    The water tip is a good idea for when you're out, but I squrt dish soap on the leftovers at home. Just try picking at them then!:sick:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    The water tip is a good idea for when you're out, but I squrt dish soap on the leftovers at home. Just try picking at them then!:sick:

Now that is good thinking. I remember an episode of Sex and the City where Miranda had to do that to Chocolate cake because putting it in the trash wasn't enough to make her quit eating it. LOL! Good tip, thanks for sharing.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Wow! I like the water trick, never heard of it. I will have to start trying that.

That works wonders!!! I pour water...ketchup...anything that's close to throw on it so I don't eat it!:laugh:
  • ruth369
    Options
    hee hee, I never done the water trick. I have thrown food away, and let me tell you that hurts, just yesterday I threw away a bag of pretzels because those things are addicting. I dragged myself to the trash can.
  • afoster4
    Options
    lol i should have done that water trick....i ended up having taco bell at my friends house yesterday during the superbowl....normally sundays are my days that i dont record anything...but i dont know, i feel guilty for doing that...i ate good during the day cause i figured that i would prob eat things that were gonig to be high in calories but i still feel bad. I guess double time at the gym today
  • mamashrub
    Options
    omg!! I KNOW!!!
    right now, there is chesse filled tortalinni in my freezer and a chocolate cake in the fridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dang hubbies!!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Oh yesterday my bro in law brought ice cream cake to our super bowl party, one was oreo and the other butterfinger, I don't like butterfinger, but oreo??? OMG I totally denied it and set it on it's merry way with him when he left, Sara one, Ice cream cake ZERO!