Sugar or sweetener??

Options
Which is better?? I know neither but I need something in my tea!!!

Replies

• lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter...sweetener is lower calorie. Personally I can't stand the taste of sweetener (I also get a scratch in my throat if I eat sweeteners, so I'm one of the people who has some kind of sensitivity to them) If you can fit in the calories for a little bit of sugar, then use whichever you prefer. Taste wise, I like honey in my tea the best!
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sweetener sucks compared to sugar, but it's an extra 200 calories a day otherwise.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Personally I always go with the natural route... So I'd go with honey in my tea and adjust calories otherwise. But it just depends on the calories you are ok with having.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with sugar?
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I can use sweetener in pretty much anything other than coffee. For coffee, I need real sugar!
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer sweetener to sugar in my tea. I use Splenda and I find it to be sweeter than real sugar, so I use less of it.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I like Splenda, it helps with lowering calories. BTW, neither is bad for you.

All a matter of opinion...
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Seajolly wrote: »
    I like Splenda, it helps with lowering calories. BTW, neither is bad for you.

All a matter of opinion...

Whatever, read my edit.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Sugar or something similar like honey, agave nectar. I just try to not use it at all unless I am sick. I'd rather use the calories elsewhere. I drink my coffee / tea with half & half (there is some natural sugar in the half & half) and most times that is enough.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Use whatever you like. Account for it in your food diary/calories.

I like sugar and honey.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    For me it's "and" not "or".

A teaspoon of sugar in my porridge because I prefer the taste.
    Diet fizzy drinks as I find sugary ones too sweet for my taste and prefer to save those calories for something else.

Loads of sugar in energy drinks / snacks when I'm cycling a long distance and need the energy.

BTW - my taste buds did change enormously when I stopped having sugar (or sweetener) in my tea and coffee. I find many commercial products just too sweet whatever the source of the sweetness.

• YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits your calories and what you like the taste of. Personally, I like to use zero calorie sweetener so I can use those calories elsewhere.

NEITHER are bad.