Exercise and glasses?

Options
This might be a silly question, but wondering if anyone else has this same problem and how they solved it. I normally wear contact lenses all the time, but this morning I had a bit of a disaster burning my eye with contacts soaked in the wrong solution. I obviously wasn't going to use this as an excuse to not workout, but it was so difficult with the glasses, they kept steaming up and getting covered in sweat. I've been using workout DVDs (was doing an Insanity one today) so not wearing them really isn't an option at this point. I don't think I know the exercises well enough to do them completely blind and I'm a bit worried about hitting things or tripping over.

Haha any advice for this silly new problem of mine? Thanks!

Replies

• Imbiutiful
    Imbiutiful Posts: 39
    Options
    I have the same problem but I know the videos well enough to do them with my glasses.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I have that problem but there is not a terribly good solution - i do excercises that don't need my eyes so much - you kinda just get used to popping them off and wiping them a little.
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    This might be a silly question, but wondering if anyone else has this same problem and how they solved it. I normally wear contact lenses all the time, but this morning I had a bit of a disaster burning my eye with contacts soaked in the wrong solution. I obviously wasn't going to use this as an excuse to not workout, but it was so difficult with the glasses, they kept steaming up and getting covered in sweat. I've been using workout DVDs (was doing an Insanity one today) so not wearing them really isn't an option at this point. I don't think I know the exercises well enough to do them completely blind and I'm a bit worried about hitting things or tripping over.

Haha any advice for this silly new problem of mine? Thanks!

Can you not buy some sort of band that will pull them or fit them to your face better?
    Something like this maybe http://www.1topstore.com/product_info.php?language=en&currency=GBP&products_id=11095
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i feel your pain, i always have in my contacts and working out with glasses on is no fun, however i just happen to always have a extra pair of contacts on hand but if i did not have the extra contacts i would just wait for them to clean in the correct solution then work out later.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I wear glasses - I don't actually find that they are a problem unless I'm running in the rain.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I wear glasses - I don't actually find that they are a problem unless I'm running in the rain.
    ^^ What she said..When they do get foggy,i keep wiping them down.Have a cloth by you so you can use that..I normally don't wear mine to the gym,but I do when I'm doing dvds..