SNACKS TO EAT FOR LONG TRIP

Options
Hello All:

I am traveling on a 4 hour trip and need help what snacks to eat that is both fulfilling and delicious on a car ride. I usually eat sweet and soda to keep me awake more than anything. What suggestion do you have to fit this criteria to stay awake during a long travel ride.

Thanks!

Michelle

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I really like popcorn - it's pretty easy to vacuum up since car eating is so messy.
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    My go to transportable snack (drive/fly/golf) is always Quest bars.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Coffee.... It's only 4 hours, I'd just eat before and afterwards.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    If' I'm really tired, I go for a sugar-free Monster. Snack wise, I go for baby carrots and fruit.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    cheese sticks, veggies, beef jerky, fruit, and popcorn. Those are my fav!
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    cheese its, wheat thins, triscuits!
  • BaddS4
    BaddS4 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Pack a few fresh veggies, water and maybe a protein bar as well incase you get really hungry.. But for a 4 hour trip the veggies and water should hold you over!!! Safe travels!!! :smile:
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    We road tripped from LA to San Diego a few weeks back and I made little ziplocs with carrots, apple slices, cherry tomatoes, jicama, grapes, broccoli, a hard boiled egg and a mini babybel. Just the ticket and about 350 cals the way I made them.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Jerky, string cheese, grapes
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky and pumpkin seeds are convenient for me.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you can't go 4 hours without snacks, but coffee or diet soda if it's just to keep you awake. Other than that, focus on driving instead of the distraction of eating. Both hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you can't go 4 hours without snacks, but coffee or diet soda if it's just to keep you awake. Other than that, focus on driving instead of the distraction of eating. Both hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.

I was going to write pretty much the same thing. 4 hours is really not that long.

OP you could just eat before you leave.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    nuts, popcorn, protein bars, jerkey, bananas, apples.
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I wish i had the self control of everyone who doesn't snack on a road trip.... ;)
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    For me its not always the distance of the travel but where we're going. This past weekend the travel time was only 2 hours but it was to a very small and unfamiliar place and if you're trying to eat a particular way its helpful to have some ideas on hand.