lost inches not much weight?!

Options
I have been doing my fitness pal for 2 weeks now (back on it after failing at my last attempt!) I have lost 2 inces form my waist and 3inch from my hips but only lost 5lb! Has anyone else experienced this and does weight loss catch up! Its good to lose inches but I want to shift the weight also...any suggestions?! I also have an under active thyroid (I know this can be a problem so any hekp would be greatly appreciated) :)

Replies

• StrawberrySprinkles
    Options
    I think five pounds in two weeks is fantastic! You don't want to lose too fast else you could risk getting burned out and possibly opening yourself up to getting sick (ie, more colds, etc).

Others will probably point out too that you want your body to adjust to the changes in a timely manner without getting shocked and you'll want your skin to firm up along with the rest of your body.

To me, 2.5 lbs per week on average is just a little more than the recommended amount anyway.

Congratulations. :)
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    It's because muscle weighs more than fat that you are not seeing a big number on the scale, but a change in your body. Muscle takes up less space than fat also. As you're lowering your body fat, you're increasing your muscle mass. Remember, having more muscle helps to burn more calories and keep your metabolism revved. You're obviously onto something - just keep up with it!
  • suekitchen
    suekitchen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Any possibility you've built up some muscle along the way instead?
  • wrachael2
    wrachael2 Posts: 2
    Options
    thank you for your replies and encouragement...will keep going x
  • abbyy182
    abbyy182 Posts: 56
    Options
    5lbs in 2 weeks ?! Thats great, more than me thats for sure ! Well done :) continue with what you're doing cos it sounds brilliant