Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflamation, Autoimmune disorders, chronic pain

Options
Just checking to see if there is a support group for people with chronic disease or disabilities as above or other. Due to limitations, seeking support group to keep motivated and exercising. Suggestions for adaptations etc.

Replies

• courtneydelaney14
    courtneydelaney14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a chronic disease that makes me have a disability after my brain surgeries I literally can only lift 10 pounds. I am looking for that on this page because people literally have no idea what we deal with, the pain and the meds and not physically being able to do a lot. It called chiari malformation plus I had a rare CSF leak. But great thing is that we are trying our best!
  • polvirl
    polvirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have RA. I would definitely be interested in a support group!
  • momonamisson2
    momonamisson2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too
  • texas68
    texas68 Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Have fibromyalgia, painful arthritis and acl tears to both knees. Pain is almost constant. Used to love walking but not able to do much now. It is easy to get discouraged so support group would be fantastic! My goals are healthy weight loss and two 15 minute exercise sessions per day. The most difficult challenge is staying consistent, especially on bad days. Am seeking support to help with motivation and dealing with limitations most people don't understand. Thanks.
  • long_for_me
    long_for_me Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have RA and collitis...bad only when they flare up. Happy to give support!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, and colitis have dogged me all my life, along with bipolar and anxiety. It can be so hard to exercise when it hurts! Swimming is nice, but I have to get a new suit for that. Do you have access to a pool?

Down 140lbs: My story.
  • Luminr1
    Luminr1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Chrons disease and arthritis in my knees and hips, torn ligaments and calcification in my shoulder . I'm an ex gym junkie until I got sick now I'm 96kg (thanks steroids !!) and taking each day as it comes
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Crohn's and arthritis but I'm evicting my colon next week woohoo
  • MsCampby
    MsCampby Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    63 year old arthritic, anxiety filled senior. Every day is a struggle. Injured rotator cuff so unable to do any exercise over head. My best solution is my Gazelle...15 minutes every day. Weight workout every other day. Very slow process at my age...but I love to cook and I love my sweets. ;-(
  • texas68
    texas68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Swim daily in summer and enjoy it. Months when it is too cool to swim are the challenge. Use indoor bike but feel like a hamster on a wheel. Watching TV while doing it is helpful. Working to be consistent with exercise.
    What is a Gazelle?
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Crohn's and arthritis but I'm evicting my colon next week woohoo

Oh, I am so sorry! *hugs* I almost had to do that at one point in my life as well. I hope that the surgery and recovery go well!
  • spll50
    spll50 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    53 year old feel like 103, diagnosed with RA in both knees and hips, have been working out ,think over did it last week,