Please look at my food diary?

Options
I never really get hungry enough to eat a meal, just enough to snack. So I am constantly having a snack every few hours but sometimes I think the variety of foods (and high fiber) leaves me bloated. Could you guys check out my diary and point out areas I could improve on? I get plenty of fat from things like trail mix, nut butter, and and cottage cheese and I do not eat any meat except for fish and occasional deli slices if I am having a sandwich. Thank you!

Replies

• britterbrittney
    britterbrittney Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Maybe your sodium intake? That could be what is making you feel bloated. :)
  • blondebaby9890
    Options
    Cut the sodium back and drink LOTS of water :-)
  • msciaobella
    msciaobella Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    HOLY SODIUM! I didn't realize that was like 2,300 milligrams... thank you ladies! If I start drinking water now, won't that make me more bloated though?
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    HOLY SODIUM! I didn't realize that was like 2,300 milligrams... thank you ladies! If I start drinking water now, won't that make me more bloated though?

You may feel bloated at first but let the water flush your system out hydrate up for a couple days and then it will start to flatten out and watch the sodium thats the only thing that looked bad but not to bad on your diary sometimes were just bloated spices gas build up.. it happens good luck!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Yep, sodium. Switch to a lower sodium pretzel or even scrape the salt off. Also low sodium ketchup and possible cottage cheese. You're close, otherwise GREAT JOB!!!!
  • roselover58
    roselover58 Posts: 96 Member
    Options

The water will help. If you are not drinking enough water, the body will hold on to whatever you give it. If, on the other hand, you drink more than you need, your body will begin to flush out (no pun intended) the sodium and other toxins (salt in itself is not a toxin, but you have a lot of build up).

The minimum of water you need to drink each day is 64 oz. Your aim should be half your weight in ounces, up to 100 oz. So, if you weigh around 200 lbs, you should be drinking 100 oz (you can drink more, but it's not mandatory).

I hope that helps!
  • liza001
    liza001 Posts: 77
    Options
    Some of the things in the bars can bloat you. 2 cups of grapes will too. Try to eat foods that you can pronounce all the things in it... I had to stop breads pretzels etc because 30mins after I looked pregnant. Is that the bloating you're referring to? My diary is open, I'm a grazer and suffer from bloating. The first thing my natrapath stopped was all wheat products, no bread, pasta, pretzels... I get my carbs from starchy veggies and rice. Now I can occasionally eat bread etc, but never 2 slices 2 days in a row.

Water won't bloat you. (not that way)
  • CourtneyHiatt
    Options
    Sodium always leaves me very bloated....sometimes to the point where it'll look like I'm pregnant. Eating potassium rich foods helps, so things like bananas and potatoes (with the skin) help get rid of it :)
  • msciaobella
    msciaobella Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You guys were so helpful! I'm definitely going to be watching my sodium intake from now on and also my sugar intake... it's probably off the walls from all the fruit I eat :/
  • Nursingmomof2
    Options
    Fruit sugar is OK...but be careful not to over do it! Remember, moderation is your best best friend!