Is Starbucks Coffee bad?

Options
so i worked next to a Sturbucks and i love the moccha and coffee frappucchinos, i get them light but im noticing im not losing or gaining weight. im stuck. im trying to lose the last 10 lbs as they say.. but im not .. i never go past my recommended calories.. Could starbucks be the reason im not losing anymore?

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    i mean...yeah. those have alot of calories still are you counting them all? if so thn no its not the issue
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Are you losing at all or just losing very, very slowly? I've heard the last 10lbs go super slow (I'm still 25lbs out from goal) and require ultra diligence in weighing and measuring to make sure there is a real calorie deficit. With so few to lose, your deficit is also probably pretty small by now.

If your coffee drinks are contributing to not being in a calorie deficit, then yes they could be a factor. The drinks themselves have calories just like any food such as an apple or lettuce or something. There's nothing inherently in your coffee drinks that makes them any more problematic than any other foods (ETA: other than calorie density perhaps).

Maybe it's time to reevaluate your daily calorie intake vs. output and adjust accordingly to ensure you're in an overall deficit.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's about the calorie deficit. If you are not losing weight, maybe your drink has more calories than you think.

This. I get one frappuccino a month after working overnight but I fit it into my calories.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Drink black coffee.
  • Minina567
    Minina567 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    yes i include the drinks in my daily calorie count. im not losing at all i was 145 and i lost 15 in 3 months .. a months ago i started with these drinks and im stuck in 130 . maybe i should stop the drinks for a while and see what happens. thank you!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Minina567 wrote: »
    yes i include the drinks in my daily calorie count. im not losing at all i was 145 and i lost 15 in 3 months .. a months ago i started with these drinks and im stuck in 130 . maybe i should stop the drinks for a while and see what happens. thank you!

Rather than that, I would look at your overall intake. Are you logging everything as accurately as possible, including using a food scale?

I uh have Starbucks 2-3 x a week (a bad habit for my wallet) for the last several weeks. I still lose weight because I work it into my overall calorie intake for the day. So I second @malibu927 and others have said- look at your total logging. Starbucks alone isn't stopping anyone from losing weight. I want to stop because of the COST of drinking that much, when I could make my coffee at home for so much cheaper.

Good luck, OP, with your weight loss journey!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    They're not "bad" but depending on your calorie goal having 1/3 come from a beverage may be a poor choice
  • Minina567
    Minina567 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    they are delicious! :( why are the best things in life forbidden
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options

Its not forbidden if you can make it fit. My take is it has protein lol and it fits my macros so I'm having it. Make it fit or don't have it.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options

Sure seems that way, doesn't it?
    Allow yourself one, once in a while.
    I weaned myself from them to black Starbucks. Their coffee is great, even without all the luscious add ins.

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Americanos and pour your own half and half....usually less than 100 calories
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    i mean...yeah. those have alot of calories still are you counting them all? if so thn no its not the issue

this...

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

they are not forbidden but you can't drink a 500 calorie drink on top of eating 2000 calories a day and expect to lose weight....