I feel a binge coming on

Options
My husband and I are doing Weight Watchers, and he (being much bigger than me) gets an awful lot of points (68), where as I have a relative few (29)- comparatively speaking. I just ate 6 Totino's pizza rolls, which are a point a piece. He got excited- he has 40 more points to spend today, I am down to 10. So, he is now heating up the rest of the bag of pizza rolls. That's 38- and I can smell them cooking. I want one so badly. I want all of them. I'm not remotely hungry, but I have that weird feeling I get right before I start binge-eating. I can't afford to eat any more pizza rolls today- I have just enough points for dinner (I blew through most of my bonus points on Kraft Mac and cheese the other day (yes, it was a binge). I feel like I am on a roller coaster- one good day, one bad day. This is awful!
I don't blame my husband, and I'm not mad at him. I just don't know what to do. I want to go for a walk, but it's storming like crazy. I can't get away from the smell of the damn things (I have a tiny house- nowhere to hide).
This is RIDICULOUS!!!! They are effing PIZZA ROLLS!!!!! I sound like a crackhead!
I am thinking about heading back over to the gym and getting on the elliptical- something nice and low-impact, just to keep me moving and away from food.
I won't buy pizza rolls again. They were part of my last grocery trip where I didn't care what we were eating. I got rid of the last box of mac and cheese. I can't be around that stuff. I'm trying to get better about shopping, but I can't just throw stuff out.
Oh gods, they're done.... he just pulled them out of the oven and I can smell them, I can hear them sizzling on the pan. AAAHHH!!!

I feel like a crazy person!!!!!

Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    LEAVE THE HOUSE!! GO FOR A WALK OR A DRIVE! You can do this, stay away from the pizza rolls!!
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You are not crazy. You are fine. You can maintain control. Sometimes it helps me if I write down what I am feeling when I go to binge. By the time I am done writing and soul searching the desire has left.
    Just Remember you are in control and you can do anything!
  • oh_mg
    oh_mg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is an incredibly tough situation to be in - be strong! Remove yourself from the situation, if possible. Go for a walk - get away from the smells. Find a way to distract yourself from the urge in a healthy way. I made a jar of activities to do when I feel like a binge is coming on: http://www.asmallloss.com/2011/06/case-of-mondays.html - maybe that might help you? Good luck - I know this is not easy! ♥
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    LOL I hear ya! Drink lots of water, and wait till they're all gone. Or you could pinch your nose shut so you can't smell them :-) Good luck!! Getting over the urge to binge is a challenge to everyone.
  • bjajdtk
    bjajdtk Posts: 25
    Options
    Virtual sympathy hugs. I am fighting off an urge to emotional/stress eat today as well. It is like a drug. So stupid and crazy. My 8 yo made chocolate chip cookies yesterday and I am having to fight to stay away from them. I am fighting the desire to have the kids eat them so they are gone and the temptation is gone. But I don't want them to start down that road. Its enough today is my 8yo's 9th birthday (so when she made the cookies she was 8 and now she is 9. lol) so we are having bacon cheeseburgers and ice cream sundae's for supper.
  • sarah829522
    sarah829522 Posts: 139
    Options
    Light a lavendar candle go read a book in the bath if you can't leave the house.
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    I know what you mean. I get 1200 cals a day because i stay at home with the kids my husband gets 1700 because of work. He doesn't get to eat at work so he comes home wanting everything under the sun and by that time i'm going to have dinner and be done for the day. Bad thing is i normally fix it for him so i'm around it and all i want to do is eat it too!!!
  • waterjogger
    waterjogger Posts: 114
    Options
    WOW! 68 points? That's a lot of points for one day. The most I ever got was around 30 like you. :cry: Life is never fair-men get to eat more, weigh more, and lose faster. Step away from the pizza rolls, and go for a walk. You can do it!
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Try this on for size:

Don't forfeit what you really want in the end for something you only want for the here and now.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Fruits and veggies are free, right? I always find fresh foods more satisfying anyway.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Be strong FrauHausMaus!! You CAN resist them!!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I chew gum to keep my mouth occupied when I know I'm not hungry but want to eat anyway. I also bite my nails.. which is bad.. but. Keeping the mouth occupied helps.
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I think the hubby isn't supportive if he's eating them knowing it's driving you that crazy. But, in the interim, leave the house. Go on a walk. Or, grab one or two, and take them on the walk. Then you get your craving, but not an extreme number of points.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Start cleaning -- the bathroom or some other gunky project could be the best way to keep your hands off food for a while. Go to the gym, but only if it won't make you ravagingly hungry when you return. You can always walk the mall and leave the credit cards behind. Limit your cash. Do n-o-t give in!.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym, go take a shower, get away from the Pizza Rolls! Keep telling yourself that you eat to live, not live to eat. You CAN beat this! You CAN resist temptation. You ARE strong enough.

I know exactly what that feeling is - it is the same as I felt when I quit smoking cigarettes and I would get around someone who was smoking. I would physically feel the cigarette in my hand, the way I felt when I took a puff, all of it. It would make me CRAZY! The same thing happened the first time I went on WW. I would have TERRIBLE cravings and it would literally make me feel like going through a nicotine withdrawal - I'd get cranky, I'd focus on nothing BUT the particular thing I was craving.

It is seriously a change in mind set. You have to grab hold of your willpower, grit your teeth, and find something to take your mind off it. If you can't go for a walk, go in the bathroom and take a shower or a bubble bath. You CAN do it!

:)
  • FrauHausMaus
    FrauHausMaus Posts: 194
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone! I am proud to say that I made it! I went to my room with a can of Febreeze and a good book :) The hubs ate all the pizza rolls, and there will not be anymore coming to this house!
    well, I can't say that, but I can say that the next time we have them, it'll be a small bag that we split between the whole family- and when I have planned for them and saved up points!
    fitplease, I LOVE the idea of tackling a gross cleaning project when I get cravings. That would sure take my mind off the food!
  • Thamantha
    Thamantha Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on beating the craving!
    I usually call a friend for a chat if I start feeling like I am going to binge... It keeps my mouth too busy to be tempted to eat, and I soon forget about whatever I was craving.
    I too have a much larger other half. He's almost a foot taller than me, and so has a much larger allowance, which is really frustrating because he eats everything i do, and then still has to eat at least 500 calories more. I try to do the shopping so that his extra calories come from a source that I wouldn't want to eat. He loves peanut butter and I hate it, so he usually has peanut butter on toast. It is so tough not to eat when you see someone else having the very thing you crave!
  • FrauHausMaus
    FrauHausMaus Posts: 194
    Options
    I try to do the shopping so that his extra calories come from a source that I wouldn't want to eat. He loves peanut butter and I hate it, so he usually has peanut butter on toast. It is so tough not to eat when you see someone else having the very thing you crave!

That's an excellent idea! I'll have to keep that in mind next time I go shopping
  • Cathy92
    Cathy92 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Firstly, don't buy pizza rolls. They're probably a lot of calories, for not much nourishment., Secondly, ask hubby to eat it away from you so you can't see or smell it. I've done that with my hubby and he's very understanding about it. Also, I find it's easier just not to have the tempting food in the house. Since hubby can eat more, ask him to buy himself a 'small' portion . Then you can't have any. Hope this helps.