Warrior dash advice

Options
Hey party people! I was just wondering if any of you have run the Warrior Dash. A friend and I signed up for it September (in Carrolton, Ohio) and I was hoping for some training recommendations and an idea of what to expect on race day. This is my first race ever, so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Replies

• CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm curious too. There's one in NY in August and it looks FUN, but I definitely would be like one of the last to finish and might not be able to do several of the challenges. But, it'd be fun to push myself nonetheless.
  • readytodrop60
    Options
    My mom and step dad just ran that yesterday in MN! My mom said that you need to be mentally prepared more than anything. The walls were the hardest part for them, but people were offering help to the others to get them over. She said if they do it again next year they will be doing a lot of arm exercises because you need to pull yourself up a lot of obstacles. If you have access to a gym that has a rope you can climb that would be an excellent place to start! In MN the course was on a ski resort so they ran a lot of hills. The obstacles vary depending on the state and what the land has to offer so this may not be useful to you. Overall they had a blast! Good luck to you!
  • missolesky
    missolesky Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm going Sep 10 too! I'm just doing C25k and strength training to prepare, my friend is signing up to do it with me and we decided together that we just want to be able to say "veni vidi vici" and not worry about time