Fibromyalgia Warriors and Others

Options
I am looking for motivation to continue my journey and find general meal ideas. I am a picky eater & I have Fibromyalgia which limits a lot of activity but do what I can everyday.

Replies

• djtiger101
    djtiger101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for such an inspirational story. You look GREAT!!
  • deadpheonixrising
    deadpheonixrising Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have chronic pain, and it's making the exercising part of this almost unbearable but we can do it!
  • Swydeven
    Swydeven Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    also new here and have Fibro, the exercise part and the "I quit" part are hard to keep fighting, but if I don't I would just spend the rest of my life in bed and that is unacceptable.
  • TARGET65K
    TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    shans34 wrote: »
    Fibromyalgia does not limit you and don't let it! I have fibro and I refuse to let it limit me. As a result I have lost 64lbs to date and I'm doing more now then ever. I had to fight through the pain and it's worked out for me. Be strong, persistent and fight. It's not an easy fight, so I won't lie, but it's a worthwhile one! 9cflgdsd3ayg.jpg
    I hid behind fibro far too long!

Well done, I also have a lot of problems with pain etc. but I will not allow it to stop my progress.
  • hrj888
    hrj888 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have Crohns as well as fibromyalgia. I also have cysts in my ovaries, kidney stones due to a horseshoe shaped kidney birth defect. I also have deep vein thrombosis. I am one of my vascular doctors youngest patients since I had an old persons problem at age 15. I'm 26 now.
  • FaeryLove18
    FaeryLove18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's where I struggle. The pain is so bad I can hardly move sometimes, let alone excercise. I'm really trying hard. Seeing others achieve things gives me the courage fight through and get it done.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    My fibro is a lot better when I do exercise. Don't use it as an excuse to be sedentary.

Unless you are having a very bad flare, get moving.
  • traceyc013
    traceyc013 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Fibro and lupus here.... Trying to meet a step goal and get healthier one day at a time!
  • AliceWinston
    AliceWinston Posts: 35 Member
    Options

I'm between 1200 and 1300. Social eating out is my biggest problem and doing dinners w my partner. When I'm home alone, it's easy or easier. I don't cook...long story, but injury, so just a little. Wine w friende and bf. Can't drink on an empty stomach, so there is an appetizer. Sosick of being in this big body that isn't me. I want my body and health back. I don't want to be a skinny minnie, just in the center of my BMI range. I have to do it w limitations, as I have injuries, and no place or space to work out. Still, no excuse. I see plenty of people with bad injuries who are slender. So, I have to do it anyway. Motto: Don't think in terms of what I can't do, but in terms of what I can do.
  • djtiger101
    djtiger101 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SarahFromWalthamForest
    Options
    I have fibro (this is my 5th year having/fighting it, only been diagnosed last year), walking helps, can't manage any other exercise yet. Keep fighting it, don't let it win!

OP, what foods do you like? You said you needed meal ideas..