NSV, I guess?

Options
So I see lots of people posting these victories, and I thought I'd post one of my own. I've actually had this for a little while now, but figured I'd share it with everyone in hopes that it helps motivate others to do the same.

When I started this journey (and deployment) back in March, it was a struggle to get my Medium-Regular ACU pants on. They fit, but it was quite tight. When I got my new Multi-Cam uniforms, I requested them to be a Large-Regular size so that I could fit into them with ease. When putting them on, they fit pretty decently, with maybe half an inch of open space. The belt I was using had maybe an inch of space left on the end when tightened fully.

Since then, I've officially lost 30 lbs, even though some parts of my body (my gut, for one) doesn't really show it. My face has thinned out, but I keep hoping to see my gut "flab" slowly disappear. However, my success story comes from the other day when I noticed something that was happening for a while, but never really thought about it. I took off my belt one night while changing into a PT uniform, and when I did, my pants fell completely down. They were fully buttoned and everything. To me, this was a moment when I realized that I was making significant progress. I can probably pull about 3 inches away from my waist in my pants now.

Also, I have been marking my belt about every month or so, or when I notice a significant difference in the distance from the buckle to the end. I would like to post pics on my profile soon, but i keep forgetting. Since March 17th, I have 4 marks. Each mark is about an inch, some bigger than others. Currently, I have about 4 inches difference on my belt. I can't remember the last time something was that loose on me.

I'm not looking for praise or anything, as I'm more interested in helping other motivate themselves to continue the healthy habits. Everyone here has been very inspiring (with the exception of a few "haters" out there) and it pushes me to try harder and control this weight. So thanks, to all of you, who make this possible. And to those just starting and looking to lose weight, I wish you the best of luck and know that this soldier supports you.

~SGT C

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job on the weight loss! And thank you for serving our country. :)
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    awesome! cant wait to see some pictures
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
    Thats a good way to keep track on the belt!
    Keep up the good work!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,672 Member
    Options
    Super awesome NSV. Great work and thanks for sharing. It's stuff like this that keeps me going! :-*
  • eatingmysandshoe
    Options
    That's a great way to keep track, using a belt, as different trousers fit differently, but the belt is like a true representation. I do the same - been using the same belt for all my journey now - and have to keep punching new holes in it!
  • lauram1153
    lauram1153 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Well shaun your getting lots of praise cause you deserve it.. that is a brilliant nsv and it is also inspiring i can't wait till i have a nsv..whan you get a chance you must post pictures.. take care over there and keep up the good work xx
  • Pseudocyber
    Pseudocyber Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's great!
  • SeanC86
    SeanC86 Posts: 88
    Options
    I've got pictures on the profile, but here's a quick link to them too.

6444402_6822.jpg
    From the first mark (March 17th) to the last one (July 10th) there is about 4 inches difference.

6444402_3481.jpg
    It's been a LONG while since I've been able to do this. haha
  • Italiandoglover
    Options
    Awesome momentum bro. Keep it up, and praise to you for serving this country.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Good job SeanC86
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'd say you could go back to your medium pants now! :happy:
  • ShannonC779
    Options
    Good job. And know that we support you too for your service. Thank you.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    That's great! and definitely motivating! From the pictures it looks like more than 4 inches to me, but then again I'm bad with distance/measuring.

And thank you for serving our country as well!
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sweet. Yeah, it IS motivational, so thanks for sharing. And back at you on the whole support thing, soldier. Thanks for that, too.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Two things: 1) God Bless you for serving this country and all that you have done. 2) CONGRATULATIONS!! That is an awesome NSV!
  • MMiles96
    MMiles96 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That is awesome... Very good for you. That is right on with the NSV!! I think any marker you can use as a success point is worth taking!

Keep up the great work and stay safe. I have a few classmates that I keep in contact with that are deployed and it is rough. I am not that close to them anymore but I like to know they are safe. :-)
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Two things: 1) God Bless you for serving this country and all that you have done. 2) CONGRATULATIONS!! That is an awesome NSV!

Ditto. :)
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great job. So do you get fresh fruit and veggies over there? How hard is it to eat healthy with the meals you are served? And like everyone has said, thank you for your service and know you and everyone over there are in my thoughts and prayers every day. Take care of yourself.
  • chris6515
    chris6515 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!