Need more heavy lifter or bodybuilding friends

Options
I'm old, all I got is moving heavy @zz tonnage. Side walk crackin friends appreciated for inspiration and smack talk.

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Sorry, man. Guys (and gals) are gonna be afraid they cannot keep up with you.
    Maybe change your profile picture. Have a picture taken where you are holding some lil' pink weights.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Look I'm 50 what's to be afraid of. Plus my FL, they have some big dudes. I'll work out with anyone, doesn't matter to me. Hoping the heavy lifters or body builders would show up. I always like to what works for them or if theres something I haven't tried.
  • GiddyupTim
    Options
    My 1RM deadlift is -- according to the other thread -- your 1RM bench!
    I'm sorry. I am trying to shame these people into joining with you. But it doesn't appear to be working....yet.
    Maybe they're shameless.
    I don't lift enough to have useful info to swap.
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I wish you were in my city. I'd love to work out with heavy lifters and body builders. In my gym, most of the guys I see are slinging around pink DB's while balancing on big blue balls. It's entertaining to an extent - but sometimes I get so distracted by the spectacle that I forget what set I'm on. :wink:
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    GiddyupTim wrote: »
    Maybe change your profile picture. Have a picture taken where you are holding some lil' pink weights.

Hey we are all on our own journey with our own goals. I keep my eyes in my own lane (well at least I try).. I am on the weaker side, so what.. I don't get intimated at all.. I compete with myself. Most of my workouts right now are high rep and really aren't that impressive numbers wise, but what they have done for me is another story, and that is all that matters to me ;)
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    I do a lot of different workouts, super hi reps, hi reps, med and low reps. It gives me a break from heavy when I need it. I was just wondering were there any heavy lifters or BB's out there who need a another friend. I lift for me, but also like trash talk to inspire or advice from time to time.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    I wish you were in my city. I'd love to work out with heavy lifters and body builders. In my gym, most of the guys I see are slinging around pink DB's while balancing on big blue balls. It's entertaining to an extent - but sometimes I get so distracted by the spectacle that I forget what set I'm on. :wink:

That's funny. I get the manbun and yoga pants toe shoe guys from time to time. Makes me giggle a little, then they leave for the cinema room.
  • ejsilvi
    ejsilvi Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Add me 45 messed up joints n still lifted rocks tires thick bars truck pushed lets do it !
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ejsilvi wrote: »
    Add me 45 messed up joints n still lifted rocks tires thick bars truck pushed lets do it !

I was trying to figure out how you messed up 45 different joints. :D
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    Cash me at da gym, how bout dah...
  • GiddyupTim
    Options
    Where's JoRocka? I don't know her. But, as near as I can tell, she's not afraid of anything!
    Where's SideSteel? He competes and knows tons!
    Or Azdak? He works in rehab medicine and is an amazing fount of knowledge on lifting, and anything physical or athletic, actually.
  • jerb00
    jerb00 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    GiddyupTim wrote: »

Hey we are all on our own journey with our own goals. I keep my eyes in my own lane (well at least I try).. I am on the weaker side, so what.. I don't get intimated at all.. I compete with myself. Most of my workouts right now are high rep and really aren't that impressive numbers wise, but what they have done for me is another story, and that is all that matters to me ;)
    @sardelsa what program are you doing now? Been reading for over a year that low heavy reps are the best for strength and fat loss for relatively new lifters, but recently I have been following a program that is in the 15 - 10 rep range daily and I see much more progress in the last 2 months than the prior year...
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    @jerb00 I am actually just finishing up a 60 day glute program designed by Kellie Davis (of Strong Curves).. it is kind of a prototype program that was made available exclusively to members of one of her other programs. It is very high rep, intense... we work glutes up to 6x per week high volume but lighter.. there is a lot of band work actually. Super effective though.

Before this and for most of my bulk I was doing a mix.. some heavy mixed with hypertrophy. This is what I prefer (the high volume stuff is way too taxing to do all the time) so I will be going back to for my cut and maintenance.

Everyone is different and will respond to different program styles, volume, reps, intensity.. it's all about finding what works best for you and if you are seeing progress keep going.. best feeling ever when you find what works! ;)
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Invite sent! Always looking for more friends that lift!
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    I'm not big or strong but I do lift and I'm intense in the gym.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I lift for me... but am always willing to add like minded lifters to my list. Its always nice to share progress and thoughts.... add me up if you want man
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    Options
    I lift and crossfit....obviously not as strong as you, few people are.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    I did power lifting for 12 years, stopped for 15 to raise the kids and do their sports. Started back 2011, lost 50 lbs in 4 months, got back into the gym. Past 6 years has been a fun ride, slowly coming back from all that time off. Injuries, surgeries, aches and pains are all worth it. Did power lifting 3 times a week, crossfit 2 times a day 3 times a week with one day off. Yes, I did crossfit, what you've never seen a 255 lb guy do a muscle up,lol? Did a strongman against 20-30 year olds that out weighed me by a 100 lbs, spanked dat @zz too. Did mudruns, Warrior Dash, Battlefrog, Spartan race. All in the past 5 years. I want more power, not sure I'll get back to where I was years ago but I'm not too far from somethings. I thrive off of the adrenaline, the excitement, the trash and smack talk of competition from others. Yes, I'm 50, but I still got that kid double dog dare ya to lift it attitude. Still wanna do the Highland games, spanking dat @zz in a kilt seems fun. Add me or not it's up to you. I don't turn away anyone. Just wanted more CT Fletcher attitude friends or WSM dudes or people that just love lifting heavy.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You're not THAT old - I think we can hang. I've been lifting for almost three years. For most of that time I worked a 5 day split and I just switched to an Upper Lower four day split that I like a lot. With two days of no lifting, though, I feel the pressure to do more cardio. I'm halfway through a cut, so I guess that's not a bad thing.