Need help losing the last 10 pounds

Options
Hi - I am stuck at 128 and cannot seem to lose the last 10 pounds. I have eliminated all sugary drinks including Diet Coke. I have been going to the gym for over 3 weeks and no weight loss except for a pound. Also, I do feel good overall yet I would like that number on the scale to drop. I am too logging everything I eat and a.m well under 1000 cals a day. Any suggestions as to why I can't seem to lose the weight?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't eat well under 1000 calories a day, but if you're not losing at that low I'd guess your logging accuracy is off. Also how tall are you - is 118 a realistic weight for your height? The last few lbs you're going to have to be practically perfect with your logging. Using the food scale for all solids, measuring cups/spoons for all liquids, using the recipe builder, being very accurate with the entries you choose, not forgetting to log those little bites, licks and nibbles, etc...
  • lmtz6314
    lmtz6314 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks ready2rock206. I am 5'2". Had a physical assessment and the trainer said I am at 25.3 percentage fat. So I need to get to 20% at least. Also, I have been logging everything i eat of which I have trying to eat food that I can use the scanner with.
  • cheriej2042
    cheriej2042 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and down to my last 10 pounds to get to 128. I find that I have to adjust my diet so it is more protein vs carbs. 20% body fat seems really low so I would think you are going to have to consume a lot of protein to get to that number. Congrats on the 25.3% number that is awesome!
  • lmtz6314
    lmtz6314 Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Oh well good for you. Those last 10 pounds are going to be a challenge for us. I have also focused more on incorporating protein. I now have eggs for breakfast instead of oatmeal. Which gives me more protein to help keep me full until lunch.

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Losing 1 lb in 3 weeks isn't bad though, still a loss! It's going to slow at this point in your loss.

I'm 5'2.5" and 124 right now. I sort of want to get to 120 but I love food and get tired of eating at a deficit. So I've been focusing more on fitness since I'm at a healthy weight.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    lmtz6314 wrote: »
    Thanks ready2rock206. I am 5'2". Had a physical assessment and the trainer said I am at 25.3 percentage fat. So I need to get to 20% at least. Also, I have been logging everything i eat of which I have trying to eat food that I can use the scanner with.

Are you weighing your food?