20lbs in 6 weeks

Has anyone done the lose 20lbs in 6 week challenge? Is it safe? Is it worth it? Here's a link to it. http://www.nowloss.com/lose-weight-fast.htm

Replies

• laurens47
    laurens47 Posts: 117 Member
    Poopkh wrote: »
    Has anyone done the lose 20lbs in 6 week challenge? Is it safe? Is it worth it? Here's a link to it. http://www.nowloss.com/lose-weight-fast.htm

Nope. Looks dumb. Has so many variables and looks super calorie restrictive. I'm not saying one couldn't lose weight on a crash diet like that, but it wouldn't be sustainable weight-loss after the fact.

Just create a reasonable calorie deficit and you will lose weight and learn how to provide adequate nutrition for your body that will help you succeed long term.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Haha, even on the site itself they say it's not sustainable. They also say that the reason you lose weight so fast is because you're eating less than 1200 calories.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    It's just calorie counting and working out, but somehow made to be more complicated, haha. Also, they're setting you up for failure by telling you certain things don't need to be counted.

Why not just log you calories and exercise on here? It's the same thing, but you can set your own goals that work better for you, and it's a lot more straightforward.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    edited April 2017
  • Poopkh
    Poopkh Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks everyone! Thought it was weird
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Getting a job, going on vacation, or being in a wedding are not medical emergencies. So damaging your health is not worth the extreme certainly that a person who tries to lose weight on a crash diet will gain it all back and then some.
  • trefitness
    trefitness Posts: 2 Member
    doctor tested me for unexplained fatigue and my hba1c was 56 so he change for life.. I started walking 1 hour a day and calorie counting. I have lost 20kgs or 44 pounds since 10th feb. it did change my sugar a little bit but still need more treatment. I have not been eating my exercise calories most days but some days I do and I never go over the net calories. the system does work so keep to the system and things will go well for you all.
  • CharlzO
    CharlzO Posts: 96 Member
    I haven't done that particular challenge, but have done effectively the same thing. I crashed 30 lbs in 2 months last year, but that was for a challenge with some decent bucks at stake. That was Insanity every night, very limited calorie intake, running from time to time, and was miserable most of it. It also put me below my target weight, and I went right back up that in very short time. Definitely a yo-yo thing, and if your target is 20 lbs lighter, you're far better off doing that over a longer time so you can sustain when you get there. Otherwise you're just going to find yourself going back up on the rebound and being unhappy with the results.