• serge1111
    Options
    i have been on a diet for now almost a month also bike 1 hour a day
    did not lose weight but my closes are getting loser very lose

hope to lose weight soon
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    That's great, that means you are toning and reshaping your body. The weight will come, be patient and keep up the good work!
    :wink:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    You're probably on a well balanced plan that's replacing fat with muscle.

I'm going to assume that you're eating to the exercise calorie level recommended on this site. If that's the case I would suggest just eating to your pre-exercise level calories only adding slightly more calories as healthy snacks but not eating to the full extent allowed.

The practical facts are that if your exercise burns off more calories than you eat you will lose weight regularly without losing muscle mass.

It's something to consider.
  • sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    What is you BMR? This is a good estimate fo what you should be eating without excercise. Look in the tools tab.

I had a similar problem. After 4 weeks of cutting calories and excercising like crazy, (not eating back cals burned) I hadn't lost a pound, but my jeans fit better, and my face leaner. In the 2 weeks since then I have began eating back about 50-70% of my calories burned during excercise. I try to eat a healthy 100-200 cal protein/carb snack about 1 before workout and another within an hour after workout. I feel better, am less obsessed with eating, and have lost about 2 pounds.

If you do decide to make a change, keep with it for at least 3 weeks, to know if it really works or not. Whether it be not eating back all the calories burned, if that's what your doing, or eating some cals burned if not doing so.
    also, you might want to consider changing up your workout, (if you have the time and availablity to do so) Play with some new ideas and workouts, it can be more fun and better for weight loss.
    example:
    day 1 bike 30-60 min with or with out speed intervals (1-3 min bursts of speed then normal pace)
    day 2 walk 30-60 min with some intervals
    day 3 15-20 min walk or bike and 30-60 min of strength training
    day 4 bike and or walk three different 15-20 minute sessions.
    day 5 strength training
    (some rest days in there also)
    Just some ideas for you!

Good luck! Keep up the good work with exercising and eating healthy.
  • tamratowersbutler
    Options
    Do not get discouraged~ I have gained weight some weeks, although following a diet and sticking to it. As your body replaces muscle where there used to be fat... you may gain weight. It is just re-adjusting. Stick to your meals and exercise... don't skip meals... that is very important. I eat six small meals a day.. they call it grazing. I seldom eat a "real" meal.. they are all low in calories. It will start to come off quickly. Good luck! Tamra