Favorite thing at the gym?

Options
MFPfriend
MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
If all goes well, I will be getting a gym membership today. I've had one before, and my FAVORITE things to do were the ellpitcal and the gazelle, though I frequented the free weights and treadmill, too.
But I'm definitely open for any ideas!

What's your favorite thing to do at the gym? Why?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing is the treadmill and the bike. I like to turn my music up and just go. Before I know it I've done 45mins. I also like doing the leg machine for your inner and outer thighs.
  • lersie
    lersie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely the bike for me! I could be on that thing almost all day.
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    My favorite is - this sounds really bad - when I am done and can treat myself to the Spa-department; they have turkish bath and finnish sauna plus one huge jacuzzi... Because when there, I know Ive done what I came for...
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i LOVE bench press, Leg press and squats :) well and almost any free weights OH and assisted pull up machine :)

Stair climber is killer too! great leg workout!!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I love the treadmill.. and the free weights, leg press machine and the assisted pull up machine.. that assisted pull up machine is the only thing that makes my arms ache in the morning in that it hurts but thats because I know I kicked my own *kitten* kind of ache.

I also like the spa.. the massage therapists and the tanning beds are wonderful over there!
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i do boxing classes and LOVE them... Nothing like beating the cr@p out of something to release the tension.

I also do spin classes and LOVE them.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    SQUAT RACK!! :bigsmile:
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I love the studio classes - no quitting early, lots of motivation from the coach, as well as peer pressure to keep going!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    To be honest? The fact that it's climate controlled. :laugh:

Given my choice, I'd way rather be outside. But I don't like freezing my tush off in the winter, or risking heat stroke in the summer. But ideally, I'd rather do a Warrior Dash type obstacle course every day than run in place or lift things up and put them down. :tongue:
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing is watching the guys that think they're buff studs try to hit on girls and get denied. :laugh:
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My favourite thing to do are muscle ups. Mostly because most of the meat heads have no idea what they are and then they try to show off after seeing you do it only to fail in front of everyone. It's semi nice to have the super jocks humbled by leaner more athletic people
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing is watching the guys that think they're buff studs try to hit on girls and get denied. :laugh:

You been spying on me??
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm a Zumba girl....tho, 3 days a week, I will do intervals on the treadmill...i also love the free weights & cables
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Love the group classes. I like them because I have to pay attention and think, and then they change things so it's all new again. Keeps me from getting bored, gives me a challenge, AND increases calories burned (when something gets too much of a routine, you start burning fewer calories)
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    To be honest? The fact that it's climate controlled. :laugh:

Given my choice, I'd way rather be outside. But I don't like freezing my tush off in the winter, or risking heat stroke in the summer. But ideally, I'd rather do a Warrior Dash type obstacle course every day than run in place or lift things up and put them down. :tongue:

LOVE this!!!

I don't really have a favorite thing because I get bored really easy with repetitive motion and no change in scenery. I do the dreadmills, stationary bikes, stairclimbers, and ellipticals, but I don't LIKE them. I only go because it's convenient to work out there while my kids take classes there.
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My favourite thing at the gym is jumping rope... I know i could do that at home too, but i always feel more dedicated when i'm at the gym :)!
  • Chrisandsteph99
    Options
    My favorite is the Arc Trainer.
  • efokken
    efokken Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love being one of the few females in the weight area every day and having the confidence that I know what I am doing and it shows! THAT is an awesome feeling!

I also love the foam roller to loosen & message my calves and hammies when they are sore... :)
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the assisted pull up bar (you know the one where you sit your knees down and you can change the weight). I find myself working up to more reps each time i do it and one day hope to do at least one pull up without the assistance of the bench. :)

My favourite cardio is definitely the bikes!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I love being one of the few females in the weight area every day and having the confidence that I know what I am doing and it shows! THAT is an awesome feeling!

I also love the foam roller to loosen & message my calves and hammies when they are sore... :)

Agree on the foam roller! My trainer always uses that on my legs and back after we have a session to stretch me out.. and it feels fantastic!