Always Hungry!!!!

Options
Hi all! I've been on a battle to loose weight for a while but this time I'm really trying to make progress. Food is obviously the main issue for me. I'm trying to be on a 1500 calorie diet for the last three weeks and really putting in vegetables and fruits. The problem is, I feel as I'm always hungry! Has this happened to anyone? I'm talking about my stomach growling hungry. A coworker told me that it was like that for her in the beginning. Any tips? I'd like to add that I am looking to loose 100 lbs.

Replies

• Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water. I would often have a large glass of water when the hunger kicked in. Really took the edge off it.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough protein and fat too?
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Lean proteins. Also, how many calories does mfp tell you to eat?
  • Scfit1
    Scfit1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's important to remember that the metabolism does slow over time and very low calories, although effective initially, aren't going to be a long term solution. Sometimes I will increase and decrease my macros by the day but ofcourse you must be within a close range and know how your body reacts to varied amounts and combinations. Adding protein and fats can be effective while dropping carbs and vice versa.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Some people eat less fruit in order to have more fat: salmon, dark meat chicken, pork chops, avocados, bacon.