Down over 35 lbs with more to go! Progress Pics!

melw18
melw18 Posts: 10 Member
edited April 2017 in Success Stories
Hey guys! To say that I've lived on the MFP community success story board some days is an understatement. In the early days of my journey I was constantly looking at success stories and still do when I'm feeling like I need some extra motivation or I'm getting off track! With that being said, I'm certainly not at my end success story yet but still wanted to share my progress. As you can see from the graph below, I started and stopped MFP many times previously and this is the first time I've stuck with it. Each time I stopped was around 10 lbs lost because I let one off day ruin all my progress or was too impatient with not seeing quick enough results. My hope is that sharing my progress pics will help someone in a similar situation not give up and keep pushing forward!

xosp8f0xo7ss.png

Height: A tall 5'1"
HW: 246.2
CW (average): 208.7
Goal Weight: 150 and then re-evaluate

The weight loss community on Instagram has been a huge motivator for me as well.

7jk17omhrs9b.jpg

iqkqvuyhwtcr.png

ly1bcgvg24lv.png

[post edited by MFP moderators]

Replies

• 19rcs43
    19rcs43 Posts: 1 Member
    WTG! Keep it going.
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Amazing results! It looks like a ski slope at the end of your chart- well done and don't get lazy now! I often would splurge and sabotage when I got to a goal (or sometimes just because I could). It's a mind game that you are playing well. Thanks for your courage to share your befores, and the new you must feel (and look) so much healthier! Summer IS coming, and you've got a bod that needs showing off. Keep doing whatever your doing. B)
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    amazing for 35 pounds! i could barely tell I had lost 30 pounds at that weight.
  • Pooh973
    Pooh973 Posts: 62 Member
    Great job!
  • veggie16mfp
    veggie16mfp Posts: 114 Member
    You look fabulous!
  • Sivadee00
    Sivadee00 Posts: 428 Member
    edited April 2017
    What a difference! You are doing very well so keep it up! As a fine artist (with advanced professional training), I can tell you that the improvements you've done, with your weight loss, have revealed that you have very good facial bone structure and skin tone. You are very well perportioned and balanced in your facial features. Very admirable qualities.
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    Amazing. Well done
  • bigsofty56
    bigsofty56 Posts: 15 Member
    Fabulous, you've done great
  • cjm751
    cjm751 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    This is a great encouragement to me! I just started this program. I had my first weigh-in two weeks ago but then did nothing for a week. I finally had my first phone call with my coach Monday the 24th. I like her approach so I think I might be able to do this. She had me start Myfitpal so I just joined Monday. When I see how much more than normal my portions are, it is no wonder that I have pounds to lose. I love to eat. But seeing your progress is a real incentive for me. I am 5 feet tall. Do you mind telling me how long you have been at it? Oh, I got so excited for myself that I forgot to say CONGRATLULATIONS! Way to go! and fabulous!!!!
  • melw18
    cjm751 wrote: »
    This is a great encouragement to me! I just started this program. I had my first weigh-in two weeks ago but then did nothing for a week. I finally had my first phone call with my coach Monday the 24th. I like her approach so I think I might be able to do this. She had me start Myfitpal so I just joined Monday. When I see how much more than normal my portions are, it is no wonder that I have pounds to lose. I love to eat. But seeing your progress is a real incentive for me. I am 5 feet tall. Do you mind telling me how long you have been at it? Oh, I got so excited for myself that I forgot to say CONGRATLULATIONS! Way to go! and fabulous!!!!

I'm so glad this could be an inspiration to you! This is exactly why I shared this! I've consistently been tracking my calories and exercising since Christmas. However, as you can see from the graph, I've had many previous starts and stops. Good luck on your journey! You can do it!!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Great progress! WTG!
  • biggestloser90
    biggestloser90 Posts: 31 Member
    What size were you then? And what size are u now? Awesome job!
  • biggestloser90
    biggestloser90 Posts: 31 Member
    Pant and shirt size :)
  • melw18
    Pant and shirt size :)
    I was a size 18/20 pants but they were always uncomfortably tight. I refused to buy bigger pants... in all actuality I was probably a size 22/24. Shirts I was a 0X/1X depending on the brand. Right now I'm swimming in my size 16 pants but haven't bought any new yet. I'm guessing I can comfortably fit into a size 14 and may be on my way to a size 12. Shirts I can now fit into a size large!!

• Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Tell us more about your diet plan and workouts?
  • Going2Getthere22
    Going2Getthere22 Posts: 17 Member
    Wow! You look amazing! Great Job! You'll reach your goal; Keep on Keepin' on! ;)
  • melw18
    edited May 2017
    Rufftimes wrote: »
    Tell us more about your diet plan and workouts?
    I have MFP set to lose 1 lb a week and follow the suggested calories pretty faithfully. In the beginning I only focused on calories in calories out but I'm now trying to adhere to the macros better and up my protein intake. I do cardio 2-3x per week and weight train 3x per week. Walking/running intervals are my go to for cardio and I'm trying to get to the point where I can run a 5k nonstop. I use dumbbbells at home for weight training. I started out with body weight, moved on to 1 lb weights, and so on... I'm now using 15 lb dumbbells. It's all about finding a workout you enjoy (well in the beginning something you don't totally hate) and can stick to! I switch it up here and there and incorporate Zumba, boxing, or something like that if I find myself getting bored or unmotivated!
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Good work! I started at a similar place (a bit higher though) and am not quite where you are yet, but I'm working on it and look forward to looking as good as you! Keep it up!
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Great Job!!! I'm the same height and around the same weight you are now!!!! Keep. It up chick
  • rhps84
    rhps84 Posts: 26 Member
    Great job! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!