Missing the gym!!!

Stephiede
Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
edited September 30 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello Everyone,
I'm pretty new to the site and loving it already. I had surgery on July 15th and I can't exercise for 6 weeks. I'm going stir crazy being cooped up in the house all day. I can't wait until I get cleared by the doc to resume exercising. I know it will take some time to get back to where I was before the surgery but I'm so excited to go back. The gym is where I leave all my stress behind. I turn on my music and I'm in a different world. Can you tell I love the gym? LOL. I go to my post op appt. on Aug 16th and I hope she says all clear.

Replies

• weeze_h
    weeze_h Posts: 72
    I feel your pain. I also love the gym but I work shifts and for 1 week out of 3 I cannot go. I get a bit miserable and end up being close to my maintenance calories. I'm on 'that' week right now and can't wait for Wednesday til I can go back to the gym. I automatically want to eat healthier when I'm exercising also.

I couldn't imagine 6 weeks!! I hope it comes quickly for you and no sneaking off without your doctors permission :wink:
    Just relax and make sure you're getting enough calories for your body to mend itself.

Take care.
  • Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Thank you. Even though its hard to stay put. I have no other choice in the matter. I will be counting down the days. Hope you have a good workout when you do get to go. Take care.
This discussion has been closed.