I HATE THE WORD DIET.

Options
IT DRIVES ME NUTS. STOP SAYING IT!! THIS IS NOT A "DIET" IT'S A LIFE STYLE CHANGE!!

"No thanks, I'm on a diet." <
annoying.
"No thanks, that's not apart of my diet." <---- acceptable.

Sorry, that is all.

Replies

• leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I agree. When I think of being ON a diet it usually some weird thing that involves me depriving myself of something or other. I'm not on a diet I just decided to change the things I choose to eat. I still eat almost all of the things I love.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    AGREE!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    For me, I'm on a diet. Sorry if that annoys you. Perhaps when I'm in maintenance, I won't feel so much like it's a "diet." But right now, creating a deficit to lose, feels like a "diet."
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Amen sister. I am in total agreement with this. If I say I am on a diet I want to eat everything in site. I just say I am cutting back and doing what is right for my body. When you tell others you are on a diet, they will let you know if you eat something that they don't think is for a diet. Well, I say I am a big girl and will make that decision myself, and it will not hurt THEM at all if I eat it.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    just say 'I'm taking a 'crap' break, you can stop yours now'
  • horsepullerlovesme
    horsepullerlovesme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    :drinker: u said it. it is a lifestyle change. diet is over rated. :happy:
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I call it "dietary changes."
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I use the word diet MAINLY when talking to other people. People tend to roll their eyes at your when you say "No thanks, I don't want that I'm on a life style change."
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I totally agree. Diets suck!
  • missxchelly
    missxchelly Posts: 180
    Options
    I use the word diet MAINLY when talking to other people. People tend to roll their eyes at your when you say "No thanks, I don't want that I'm on a life style change."

Just say, "No thanks those kinds of food really don't fit into my life style anymore." OR, "No thanks, that's not something that's apart of my diet." When you say MY it makes it more pesonal and not like some crash diet fad that's temporary.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I eat almost anything I want, but cut back on LOADS of sugary ANYTHING. And people look at you weird when youre still losing weight. Ugh. I wish I could teach beople between diet=>deprivation and diet=>what you eat. I changed my diet without going on a diet! Gah!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I just say "No thanks" and leave it at that LOL.

I don't care for "diet" or "life style change"

I simply gave up junk food!
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I just say "No thanks" and leave it at that LOL.

I don't care for "diet" or "life style change"

I simply gave up junk food!

Agreed.
  • Faete
    Faete Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I eat everything - in moderation. Things I don't want to eat, I just say, "No thanks, not for me". Never apologise, never explain. ;)

Fae XX
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    Dude, I so agree with you. For me, this really is a lifestyle change. Calling it a diet made it feel temporary and ultimately, I failed soon afterward. As soon as I had the mindset and said, "This is for the rest of my life... being healthy!" It's not only changed my outlook, but I never use that dreaded word! But it's definitely personal preference.