Baby weight

Options
meggers316
meggers316 Posts: 14 Member
I need some friends to help me stay accountable. I just had a baby about two weeks ago and although I'm already back to my pre pregnancy weight, I still have about 60 to 80 pounds that I want to lose. I had a cesarean so at the moment I can't do a whole lot of physical activity, but I'm watching my food for sure. I need some friends to help with advice and encouragement. I try to also help encourage and give any help I can. Thanks!

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your baby. It's only been 2 weeks.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ^^^what chef said. It's WAY too soon to be thinking about anything besides breast milk/formula, diapers, and SLEEP. Come back in 3-6 months :* ***all said with love <3
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    this thread has alot of good info about losing weight while breastfeeding in the second half
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

Make sure you take it slow if you are relying in breastfeeding to feed the baby. You may want to consider eating maintenance + some extra until you fully establish your supply as you probably have not yet, and you need to cut calories back slowly from there so your supply does not drop. Some women are able to lose successfully while BFing and for others supply is the first to go so it does not work for them. This is an important time so focus on you and your babies health, you have all the time in the world to lose weight.
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I do not know if you breastfeed? If so, make sure you eat enough. After 6 weeks of giving birth I started doing cardio, just take it easy and rest now as it only was 2 weeks ago.
  • meggers316
    meggers316 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! It's so hard to not just jump back on the horse when it comes to the gym. My doctor totally restricted any physical activity during my entire pregnancy, so I think that's probably why I'm so excited to get things going. I am breast feeding at the time and loving bonding time with my little man. It's actually getting harder to remember to eat because I also have a 3 year old.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby! Start slow. I had 3 csections. :) Focus on healthy eating right now and take your baby on lots of walks!
  • babylovers
    babylovers Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I had a baby 3 months ago today . I am breastfeeding and would like to try to loose weight too. I am struggling with over eatng i am starving.
  • JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I had my angel on 1/29 and definitely can understand your pain! Are you on FB? There's an awesome group on there if so