Newbie with 78lbs to lose

Options
Hello everyone

My name is Wendy, I'm 29 from London.

I have decide to join up after my weight has increased and I'm finally ready to admit to myself that it is a problem, that I need to sort out! It's effecting my confidence and how I see myself!

Please feel free to add me

Replies

• bigsofty56
    bigsofty56 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new as well, today is my first day. I need a little more than you, but I could be happy with that. Every time I loose weight I put more back on, because of my age and health, I really need to do this, we can do it together
  • kristalkelly2016
    kristalkelly2016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too, add me if you like
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! The boards here can be very helpful but opinionated as well, if you have questions be sure to use the search function first and see what old information you can find - otherwise post on the boards. Adding friends helps a ton to keep you committed since a lot of us don't get the same kind of support in "the real world".

Take beginning photos (you will hate them, that's okay!), take a beginning weight, take beginning measurements (the more the better). The measurements and photos will help tons when you hit plateaus and need to physically see the loss even though the scale is refusing to move.

Weight loss is just as much of a mental game as a physical one. Most people leave here because they just aren't mentally ready to do it - that's okay too. I, myself, have been back here "restarting" multiple times and I just wasn't ready yet!

Wishing you all the best on your journey!