Can I get some advice Pat?

Options
Am I doing this right? I'm early 40's and curious as to how many days a week I should be running.

Replies

• schughes48
    schughes48 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and run almost everyday, 4-6 miles. (Weather permits) I ran the last two days, and now taking today off. (I have to clean house) As long as weather permits I will be running on Friday.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    How many days would you like to run? Do you have a specific goal for your running? Are you just running to lose weight? Do you enjoy running?
  • tmellison4573
    tmellison4573 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend on your normal level of activity. If you're new to working out or have lead a more sedentary lifestyle until now, I'd start slow. A couple days per week. You don't want to hurt yourself! I work from home sitting at a desk all day and have for many years. When I started on my journey it was twice per week for a few minutes per day. Now I'm able to jump onto an elliptical trainer for 30 minutes and do a couple miles 3 days per week. I'm not up to every day yet but I'm getting there.

You also may want to discuss with your primary care physician for his or her recommendations. Maybe make an appointment with a trainer. My gym offers a free consultation with a trainer.

Keep up the great work you're already doing!