Body fat percentage: just under 10%
Weight on 1st of Jan: 80kg

Current weight 68.5---69kg
Aim.... maintain weight but lower body fat percentage

My intake is custom set to the following:

Carbs 40%
Protein 30%
Fat 30%

Okay so nice and easy one for the experts... I'm no chef so please don't judge...

My question:... isit okay to have sauce with my food... Nando's sauce, reggae reggae anything at all.. I grill my chicken (plain don't know how to marinatie or what to use). I take my food to work so when I reheat my chicken it feels like swollowing dry wall :-/. So if I have sauce how bad isit for me? Is there a limit to how much I can have ... or isit still the calories in and calories out way of thinking...

Any help would be great. Thanks :-)

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,413 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Of course you can have sauce with foods. Just make sure you know the calories count.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You can have as much sauce as fits your calorie and other goals for the day. Why do you think sauce would be bad for you? Don't believe the folks who insist you must eat a miserable bland diet of plain chicken and veggies only to lose weight.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Whoever told you that you can't have sauce with your food? Of course you can. Just make sure you count the calories, is all. Some sauces have more than others.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    You can also use seasoning on your chicken to add flavour without many (if, any) calories. I like the range of Mrs. Dash flavours!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    id recomend getting sauce in a little side container you can weigh out and dipping in it but yeah definatly. Not even needed i just find sauces can throw me offf easily when i bake with it i like math to be accurate as possible plus dipping means i can cover each bite beter when i want XD spice the chicken bake it up and dip away
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    No...you must always boil your chicken until it is overcooked and dry as cardboard and only eat it with steamed broccoli and rice...this is all you are allowed to eat for all of eternity...it's the only way to be healthy...

Just kidding...of course you can have sauce...you can also season and/or marinade...you can eat a variety of things.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I second the Mrs. Dash flavorings- I also love to use salsa as a seasoning because it adds a lot of flavor without as many calories as other sauces/oils/dressings. Eggs and salads with salsa are my favorite- yum!
  • mrspett323
    mrspett323 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I love A1 and Worcester Sauce