Help me increase calories without a fridge

Options
JaydedMiss
JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
edited April 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I need foods that dont need a fridge im struggling. I dont really want to live off granola bars and prepackaged snacks. I have a fridge but it sucks and isnt cold as it should be, Working on fixing it. Food goes bad iv been force feedign self large amounts of questionable dairy products in hopes i get it down before they go bad. Eggs seem fine in it though. I feel pretty crappy after a smoothie i just had -huge headache head feels like its going to explode :( and im tired of it.

What are some good nutritionally sound foods that dont need a fridge? Been thinking of adding in chicken breast i preportion and freeze. I do have a freezer. But i dont really like meat much it freaks me out i know from experience once i freeze baggies of meat chances are theyll never be eaten, But ill be a big girl and do it if i need to.

Any and all ideas appreciated im tired of having low key food poisoning every few days lol

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Protein bars, jerky, almonds, bananas, apples.

If you do have a working freezer, the options are pretty limitless. Lots of meat and veggie options, depending on if you also have a microwave/oven/stovetop, you can make pretty much anything from frozen.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...you can do a lot with ramen if you're ok with the carbs. Plus, rice, pasta, and oats can go along way. If you know someone who produces fresh eggs you might be able to buy fewer of those at a time. You could do canned meat like chicken and tuna. For healthy fats coconut and olive oils don't need refrigerated.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Rice and pasta
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    Protein bars, jerky, almonds, bananas, apples.

If you do have a working freezer, the options are pretty limitless. Lots of meat and veggie options, depending on if you also have a microwave/oven/stovetop, you can make pretty much anything from frozen.

yeah i probably should have added i need quick foods with little prep atleast for this week, I work every day and have no time to even properly shop ill have to swing by and grab what i can in the 10-20 mins before work i like the thought of jerky and nuts
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, bread, bananas, nuts, jerky, veggie chips.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Nut butters
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    And you have a high calorie goal. A bar of chocolate of some kind every day wouldn't be a problem at all.
  • Daddy78230
    Daddy78230 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Freeze some ice and use an ice chest to store some food. You can freeze bottles of water (minus a little off the top) to keep food cool.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Edited because I re-read the OP and answered my own question. :p
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Go to Mcdonalds lol
  • JaydedMiss
    edited April 2017
    Options
    And you have a high calorie goal. A bar of chocolate of some kind every day wouldn't be a problem at all.

ye iv been eating lots of chocolate and stuff like cookies and fast food to try to get my diet break calories but its just not good for me so i prefer to find other ways that are healthier to take into maintenance with me XD
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

curious what you said lol
  • toxikon
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

ye iv been eating lots of chocolate to try to get my diet break calories but its just not good for me so i prefer to find other ways that are healthier to take into maintenance with me XD

If you're in the US, check out the Blue Diamond flavoured almonds. They are SO good! Wasabi Soy and Habanero BBQ are my faves.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Go to Mcdonalds lol

i was going to today! then it started to storm and my heads going to explode so i cant be bothered walking to work lol
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

ye iv been eating lots of chocolate to try to get my diet break calories but its just not good for me so i prefer to find other ways that are healthier to take into maintenance with me XD

If you're in the US, check out the Blue Diamond flavoured almonds. They are SO good! Wasabi Soy and Habanero BBQ are my faves.

im not in US :( now im sad that sounds so good
  • toxikon
    Options

im not in US :( now im sad that sounds so good

Oh I see you're in Ontario. If you have a Walmart, they MIGHT be there. I live in Ontario on the American border and I sometimes see them in the Canadian Walmart.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    Options

curious what you said lol

I missed the part about you having a freezer and wondered how you were going to make ice. Nevermind. :D
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Starkist used to make shelf-stable kits that had a pouch of tuna, a squeeze pack of mayo and some kind of crackers. Would something like that work for lunches?
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Did someone say Ontario?

giphy.gif
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,748 Member
    Options
    Nuts, dried fruit, nut butters.

Bread

Rice or ramen (since someone mentioned ramen... sodium bombs!)

Cheese, full fat dairy, cream, ice cream

Muffins or pretty much any baked goods

Brownies and chocolate bars and pies

Condiments and dressings