Protein

Options
I thought that eggs were high in protein??? My diary is telling me there is no protein in eggs and that they are high in carbs? Someone please explain.

Replies

• annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    You found a bad entry, or it's an entry for something else. Eggs have protein and fat, no carbs. Link to what you're logging, or make your diary public, and we'll help you fix it.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    3jvex2z8hr5r.jpg
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    MFP might benefit from hiring an editor for that. The rest of us might benefit, anyway.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Roey1231 wrote: »
    I thought that eggs were high in protein??? My diary is telling me there is no protein in eggs and that they are high in carbs? Someone please explain.

The MFP database has a bunch of nonsensical entries. Why? User input error or sometimes a product change or difference country to country. Why so many really insane ones? I can't tell you that.

Great resource to check anything that seems fishy: https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list

Eggs are low in carbs (have almost none), and are high-ish in fat and protein. They may not be as high in protein as you were assuming, but certainly they have protein!
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My dinner.... see, no carbs! vfbykhw9k72w.png
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Roey1231 wrote: »

When you search for eggs, search for "eggs USDA." That usually gets you to a correct entry. Same with most "whole" foods, chicken, apples, etc, etc.
  • cdkelly
    cdkelly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    You didn't use the word "Cadbury" in your search did you? :D
    [/quote]

Lmao!

Another tip is you can actual scan the bar code on your packaging here in mfp and get the exact accurate info for your specific kind cause even eggs can vary depending on what kind they are. I'm starting to build up my own accurate database of the foods I eat repeatedly so I don't have to keep double checking or worrying about innacurate info.
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you are on the mobile app, scan the barcode of the eggs. 95% of the time, they are accurate for the things I eat.
  • Roey1231
    Roey1231 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    cdkelly wrote: »
    You didn't use the word "Cadbury" in your search did you? :D
    [/quote]

Lmao!

Another tip is you can actual scan the bar code on your packaging here in mfp and get the exact accurate info for your specific kind cause even eggs can vary depending on what kind they are. I'm starting to build up my own accurate database of the foods I eat repeatedly so I don't have to keep double checking or worrying about innacurate info.
    [/quote]

That is funny, although I sure could use a carvery egg about now!
  • Roey1231
    Roey1231 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I mean cadbury