Fun Creative Ways to Exercise and Burn Calories!!

:laugh: I search dance songs videos on Web, and dance a bunch of them in my living room. I sometimes do 3, up to like 7or 8 songs. Before, I know it, I've danced like 20- 30mins!! :love:

I just move however I want, sometimes even try to go along with the choreography!! :noway:
Yikes!!

So much fun!

Anyone else? What are some of your fun creative ways???

Replies

• heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    :laugh: I search dance songs videos on Web, and dance a bunch of them in my living room. I sometimes do 3, up to like 7or 8 songs. Before, I know it, I've danced like 20- 30mins!! :love:

I just move however I want, sometimes even try to go along with the choreography!! :noway:
    Yikes!!

So much fun!

Anyone else? What are some of your fun creative ways???
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I haven't done it lately because it's been so freakin' cold outside in my area lately...

But in the summer time, I'd make dinner on the grill, and while cooking I'd alternate between hula hooping and jumping rope - to the music playing on my MP3 player, of course!

I could easily burn 2-300 calories just in that half hour of cooking and it was totally fun!
  • I haven't done it lately because it's been so freakin' cold outside in my area lately...

But in the summer time, I'd make dinner on the grill, and while cooking I'd alternate between hula hooping and jumping rope - to the music playing on my MP3 player, of course!

I could easily burn 2-300 calories just in that half hour of cooking and it was totally fun!

What a fabulous idea!!! I will definitely try it when the snow melts:laugh:
  • heal4444
    Hoola Hooping and Jump Rope to music. I gotta try that!! Tks for sharing your ideas.
    Yeah, I too have to wait for the snow to melt living in Ontario, Canada. Sounds so fun though!!! :happy:
  • Hoola Hooping and Jump Rope to music. I gotta try that!! Tks for sharing your ideas.
    Yeah, I too have to wait for the snow to melt living in Ontario, Canada. Sounds so fun though!!! :happy:

You'll be waiting till when? June?
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    I go to Zumba classes...its an aerobic salsa-ish dance class...SO MUCH FUN!!! I spend the whole hour laughing...and sweating like crazy!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Hoola Hooping and Jump Rope to music. I gotta try that!! Tks for sharing your ideas.

You'll be waiting till when? June?

Yup, this year I wouldn't doubt. I'm from Winnipeg, Mb. It's finally a "descent" weekend this weekend out there.
  • heal4444
    I'll be waiting til April. So 2 more mths of snow. Well, I guess I could do hoola hoops inside the house b4 that. Live in Ontario, Canada. Another Canadian here too.
    Zuma dancing. Never heard of that. Fun it sounds like.
  • hmo4
    Chase the crazy cat around the house after he steals a pork chop out of the frypan.:grumble: :laugh:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    I watched some show yesterday that showed a woman doing calisthenic with her dog. yes - HER DOG! I've seen those "baby 'n me" type exercises- and this was very similar.

I can't even imagine what my dog would do if I started lifting him like weights! :laugh:

Oh, and I guess everyone who has a large dog would have a bit of a difficult workout :wink: :tongue:
  • Lyndo
    Lyndo Posts: 95
    I put the exerscie machine right in front of the tv, & If I feel lazy & just want to watch tv, I see the machine(Glider) , So I jump on, & watch my favorite channels....
    Before I know it 20-30 minutes just passed on my show, & I'm still workin' it :smile:

Me & The kids also play tag team, but with one on my back... try running around with a 40-60 pounds kid :laugh: & the kids have a Blast at the same time....:flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    I put the exerscie machine right in front of the tv, & If I feel lazy & just want to watch tv, I see the machine(Glider) , So I jump on, & watch my favorite channels....
    Before I know it 20-30 minutes just passed on my show, & I'm still workin' it :smile:

Me & The kids also play tag team, but with one on my back... try running around with a 40-60 pounds kid :laugh: & the kids have a Blast at the same time....:flowerforyou:

Unfortunately, I don't think my 19 yr old would go for that...Plus it'd kill me:laugh: Great ideas though!:flowerforyou:
  • heal4444
    Awww, to play tag with your kids with one on your piggy back. That's so fun and a great way to bond.

I've been sitting on my huge exercise ball instead of my overly comfy computer huge chair. It's good, give me movement when sitting, and engage the core. Probably, burn 2 more cals.:noway: Lol. But, it's the movement and change of lifestyle that counts. Every little bit of alternate to healthier lifestyle counts.