For everyone who's ever been victim of a candid fat picture.

Options
This blog post is for you!

Since I'm not sure how to exactly post pictures in here, I'm going to share a link to my blog where I wrote about seeing some RECENT fat pictures of myself on a friend's computer. It didn't inspire a rigorous workout OR a binge-fest. It was more defeating than that--it hit my confidence--and that is one really low blow! Anyway, here it is:

"Self-Esteem Snapshot" - http://www.deenasafari.com/blog/?p=820

Replies

• MrsTits
    MrsTits Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think you look gorg! Would kill for a figure like that!
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    great post!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    This is very timely. My husband snapped some candid photos of me yesterday, and while I liked the ones I was ready for and smiling... the others.... ugh. I felt like I had a bloodhound's face. All extra skin and jowls. :laugh:
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I had to share it because I was so distraught over the pictures! What upset me the most was that I felt like I wasn't seeing myself clearly and all the hard work I've been doing was just a fantasy.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I love reading blogs, thanks for sharing.
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic
  • Inkedsquid
    Inkedsquid Posts: 42
    Options
    A candid picture is what prompted my weight loss over a year ago....I've lost 20 lbs since then. The worst part? I was holding up a plate of pancakes in the picture!!!! I was all grins holding up a plate of tiramisu pancakes, with my little fat face and my little fat arms haha. NEVER AGAIN!!!!
  • deenaspell
    Options
    UGH! There was a picture of me like that in the bunch! I was like, dude, if you are my true friend, you will delete these pictures. Ha ha! He did.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    If I look fat in a photo, then I figure that yes I probably am too fat, and if that fact bothers me I focus my energies even more on doing something to change it.

Removing photos from the internet might make it easier to decieve myself about how fat I am, but it doesn't make me look any better in the eyes of all the people I see every day. Unfortunately, I can't delete that!
  • sarahlasvegas
    sarahlasvegas Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    nooo - you look well in those pics...

I had my pic taken 6weeks ago - with Keith from We Are Scientists (my fav band and i loooove him) - i have about 6 chins in it - devidtated is not the word - total by chance meeting and i ruined it with having a sh1t pic with him! Whoops! Ive lost 15 pounds since it lol
  • deenaspell
    Options
    Oh no! God, that sucks! BTW, the pics I posted on the blog are self-esteem boosting pics - not the offending ones! I am not brave enough to post the ones that made me cry! Wish I was, but I'm not there yet.
  • Inkedsquid
    Inkedsquid Posts: 42
    Options
    Hmmmm.....I almost want to post my candid fat pics, it'd be a good laugh. I think in all of them am holding some kind of food/beverage. hahah :-D
  • MisScorpio
    MisScorpio Posts: 39
    Options
    Ive been a victim of that! when i was heavier i sent my pic a funny pic of me being silly eating Krystal's. one in each hand eating...she posted them on her facebook immediately... she never had any good pics of me just the terrible ones.