Baby weight is coming off! 45 lbs lost so far!!! (15 lbs with effort)

Options
I went from 140 lbs to 210lbs on my recent pregnancy! I came home from the hospital at about 180, and have been breastfeeding round the clock, counting calories, and getting back into exercise- long walks, Tabata videos, strollerfit. I am now at 165. I will feel like myself at 140, but would like to get to 130. (Non-pregnancy weight fluctuates between 130 and 140). My baby was born January 24.

Replies

• ECE1234
    ECE1234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's really good keep it up
  • JessekaKing
    JessekaKing Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My little one was born on 1/29 and I'm in the same boat...GaineD 50 lbs and 25 came off without effort. Now I'm stuck with the last 25 lol Do you notice a dip in your BM supply when restricting calories? What's your daily coloric intake look like?
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Same here had baby first week of January, went to hospital to deliver at 150 ... came home 152 ( lol i dont know why after every pregnancy my weight goes up after hospital).... started watching calories after 6 week pp checkup.i weighed 147 at dr office .. hoping to be between 125-130.... now im at 132.. close to goal!
  • barran123
    barran123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great job! What's your calorie goal taking breastfeeding into consideration?
  • normalicia11
    normalicia11 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jenninthesun
    jenninthesun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1700 - some days I am above this, some days below. If I have an active day I need more calories, but if I am just around the house then 1700 or even a bit less is enough. From what I have read, the energy needed to breastfeed will come from my fat stores, if it is not all met by calories. My baby breastfeeds on demand, every 2 hours or so, and he is getting nice and chubby so I think everything is fine.
  • cidalia_maria
    cidalia_maria Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is 1700 - some days I am above this, some days below. If I have an active day I need more calories, but if I am just around the house then 1700 or even a bit less is enough. From what I have read, the energy needed to breastfeed will come from my fat stores, if it is not all met by calories. My baby breastfeeds on demand, every 2 hours or so, and he is getting nice and chubby so I think everything is fine.

Glad to hear you have the same caloric intake goal that I've decided on (also breastfeeding). I was worried that I was way off on my guesstimate. ☺
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My little one was born on 1/29 and I'm in the same boat...GaineD 50 lbs and 25 came off without effort. Now I'm stuck with the last 25 lol Do you notice a dip in your BM supply when restricting calories? What's your daily coloric intake look like?

Twins. Same birthday and half way down too.
    Gained about 40 and have about 20 to lose for ppw. Love to lose the 20 more I gained the year prior to get me back around 130.
    I'm struggling though. I've started spin class, walk daily and stalled. I count calories sparatically so maybe that is the route I need to head in. I was worried about drop in milk supply if I make it too low as I had problems with my milk to come in to begin with.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!